Accounts Payable Specialist
- Chester, VA, USA
CW Wright Construction Company is a leading provider of high quality turnkey transmission, substation, distribution and solar facility construction services for electric utilities in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions of the United States. Our expertise comprises all aspects of utility work including: overhead, underground, transmission, telephone special hotline construction, substations, cable splicing,
foundations, horizontal and directional boring, and right-of-way clearing.
CW Wright offers competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match plus many more ancillary benefits.
- Process full cycle A/P including invoice coding and data entry.
- Review invoices for accuracy and work with appropriate divisions for approvals.
- Assist with creating and tracking vendor files.
- Track and secure W-9 Forms for new vendors.
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Process subcontractor invoices and any other assigned vendor maintenance.
- Communicate with vendors via phone, email or mail.
- Other duties as assigned; Credit Card and Fuel Card generation and maintenance for large fleet of vehicles.
- High School graduate and relative experience in a business environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience required
- High degree of confidentiality
- Strong analytical, reasoning and deduction skills
- Motivated and takes initiative
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Credit Card Administration knowledge helpful, but not required
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic environment
- Time management and strong organization skills
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Able to adhere to tight deadlines and work with fluctuating priorities
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position
Notes: Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and a criminal background check.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. CW Wright is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CW Wright will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.