Groundman - Ijamsville, MD
- Ijamsville, MD 21754, USA
CW Wright Construction Company is a leading provider of high quality turnkey transmission, substation, distribution and solar facility construction services for electric utilities in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions of the United States. Our expertise comprises all aspects of utility work including: overhead, underground, transmission, telephone special hotline construction, substations, cable splicing,
foundations, horizontal and directional boring, and right-of-way clearing.
We are looking for Groundman, in the Ijamsville, MD area, who enjoy steady work, with overtime pay as required. These candidates are self-motivated, committed to safety, and dedicated to supporting a team environment.
C.W. Wright offers Competitive Compensation, with daily Per-Diem when travel is required more than 75 miles from home, a Comprehensive benefit package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision, that starts the first of the month after 30 days, and 401k with company match!
Becoming a Groundman is the first step in starting your career as an electrical worker! You will work with the construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead electrical utility systems. This position works at various locations and may also be required to travel to another state, depending on customer demands.
You will concentrate on learning safety procedures, making up material, stocking trucks and assisting other crew members. A desire to learn the skills of a Lineman is essential.
Previous construction experience and CDL is a plus or have the ability to obtain CDL.
- Provide assistance to the crew in completion of their duties
- Learn the basic materials and equipment used in line construction
- Learn about safety procedures and work area protection
- Maintain cleanliness of the job site and equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisors
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- General knowledge of electrical theory
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possess a commitment to working safely
- Must be willing to travel at any time, work overtime, and storm work
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in extreme and inclement weather conditions
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful passing of a background check and drug screen.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. CW Wright is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CW Wright will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.