Project Manager - SCE
- Queens, NY, USA
Safeway is a growing and forward-thinking utility construction contractor with over 20 years of history. We tackle our customer’s most complex and challenging projects and deliver them flawlessly and safely. Even underneath the congested streets of New York City and Long Island—under intense time constraints—we build high-quality utility infrastructure that will last for generations.
The Project Manager will manage all aspects of projects from planning through post-completion. Projects include electric, gas, and telecom utility installations for Con Edison, National Grid, PSEG, and other non-utility customers. They include both discrete multi-million dollar projects and multiple smaller projects within large multi-year programs.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Use Primavera P6 software to plan, schedule, prioritize and match resources across multiple projects and programs.
- Develop and maintain Excel-based job costing and revenue estimation models and use them to estimate new jobs and compare actuals to estimates.
- Convert daily production sheets into revenue estimates to match with daily job cost estimates.
- Serve as overall liaison between what is happening in the field, and what the financial results and risks are.
- Identify, flag, and propose mitigation for project risks and obstacles as they arise.
- Launch new jobs, close finished jobs, and issue timely invoices to customers.
- Resolve billing and collections issues.
- Manage project change processes and ensure management in the field and the office know the relevant contract terms when making decisions.
- Interpret productivity/profit reports and troubleshoot issues.
- Procure tools and equipment in support of the projects.
- At least 2 years of similar project management experience
- Engineering, technical or project management bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience/expertise (beyond 2-year minimum)
- Skilled with Excel (advanced knowledge and use of formulas)
- Skilled with project management software (e.g. Primavera or Microsoft Project)
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well on teams, and build consensus among a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Company offers benefits, accrued PTO, paid holidays and 401k with Company match.