Gas Meter Mechanic
- New Windsor, NY 12553, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
Meter Mechanic is responsible for turning utilities back on after construction. Basic gas pipe assembly and configuration along with knowledge on how to relight household and commercial appliances would allow us to fast-track any applicant to becoming a standalone mechanic. PPS is seeking individuals who have experience in handling light tooling such as pipe wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, and adjustable wrenches. Experience in plumbing or HVAC is a serious plus.
· Effective Communication Skills and ability to speak professionally and clearly to customers
· Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
· Ability to act with integrity and respect of personal and public property
· Ability to work in all types of weather
Job Type: Full-time
· Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen
· Valid driver’s license
· Ability to lift and move up to 90lbs
· Ability to sit, stand, climb, balance, stop, pivot, crouch, and crawl
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision insurance. 401k Match, EAP, Accrued Vacation time, 9 paid holidays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.