- Charleston, WV, USA
We are a leading provider of high quality turnkey transmission, substation, distribution construction services for electric utilities in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions of the United States. Our expertise comprises all aspects of utility work including: overhead, underground, transmission, telephone special hotline construction, substations, cable splicing, foundations, horizontal and directional boring, and right-of-way clearing.
We are currently recruiting for a Field Safety Coordinator position in the Charleston, West Virginia area with a focus on safety coordination with our partnership with one of our largest customers, AEP (American Electric Power).
CW Wright offers competitive wages, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match plus many more ancillary benefits.
Position Summary: Support Company objectives in developing and sustaining an incident and injury free work culture. Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations, as well as, Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support Crew Foreman/General Foremen in development of Job Hazard Analyses.
- Evaluate effectiveness of safety programs through daily field observations. Provide regulatory compliance and audit oversight.
- Meet regularly with field personnel and support in the development of project specific corrective action plans to address safety issues and concerns.
- Provide regular feedback to project leadership in a constructive manner on needed areas for safety improvement and recognition.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for employees exhibiting unsafe behaviors, and provide recognition for employees exhibiting safe behaviors.
- Assist with delivery of jobsite specific safety orientations for new employees joining the project, as applicable.
- Assist and co-facilitate safety training, testing for all employees (HazCom, Fall Protection, Lockout/Tag out, FA/CPR, etc.)
- Support Project Leadership in completion of incident investigations with corrective actions.
- Facilitate all injury/illness cases.
- Perform periodic evaluations of power tools and equipment to ensure equipment is being maintained in good working order, as applicable.
- Monitor and evaluate Subcontractor compliance with applicable rules and regulations, and project safety requirements.
- Support Project Leadership in the development and execution of weekly toolbox safety meetings.
- Attend and evaluate pre-job briefings/JTHAs each morning for thoroughness.
- Audit for continuity of topics to be discussed.
- Evaluate the participation of the crew and/or whether the foreman gave them an opportunity to do so.
- Evaluate meetings and provide feedback to Project Leadership on effectiveness.
- Ensure Foremen, GF and Superintendents are conducting Leadership Observations and giving appropriate coaching as needed.
- Provide PPE to jobsites and crews that include rubber glove and sleeve change-outs as required.
General work environment:
- Standing, walking, sitting, climbing, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted in primarily an outdoor construction jobsite setting. Environmental conditions will vary.
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
- 2 or 4-year college degree desired, preferably in a safety discipline
- Safety certification is desired. Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP)
- Experience on AEP transmission projects a plus
- 5 years in construction safety experience (electrical T&D safety experience preferred).
- T&D lineman experience a plus
- Understanding of electrical industry consensus standards such as Osha, NFPA, NESC, ASTM, and ANSI
- CPR/FA Certified (Trainer Preferred)
- Ability to work independently, strong communication skills with ability to influence behaviors
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. CW Wright is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CW Wright will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.