Gas Mechanic - SCE
- New York, NY, USA
Safeway is a growing and forward-thinking utility construction contractor with over 20 years of history. We tackle our customer’s most complex and challenging projects and deliver them flawlessly and safely. Even underneath the congested streets of New York City and Long Island—under intense time constraints—we build high-quality utility infrastructure that will last for generations.
We are actively recruiting gas mechanics, who can work hard in the heat and cold, under intense pressure to perform. No education required. We are looking for employees that are willing to work hard and show aptitude. We are committed to invest in classroom and on-the-job training to help further employee qualifications to become an NGA-certified natural gas mechanic.
A Gas Mechanic is a live gas qualified individual trained to perform all potential main and service line related work on the gas distribution system. These individuals are fully qualified in all forms of mechanical and plastic joining, corrosion control, high and low pressure stopping and tapping operations, building headers and relighting appliances, among other critical tasks. Gas Mechanics are typically lead persons on a crew, ensuring the quality of work performed by other crew members.
- Work outdoors (in all weather conditions)
- Train on the job
- Grow with the company
Applicant must be willing to obtain required NGA qualifications in order to work out in the field.
· Must have worked at least two years in hard manual labor (construction, etc.)
· A minimum of 4000 Hours verified employment working on a gas utility crew
- Mechanical aptitude
- Must pass DOT drug, alcohol and background checks
- Must have the following certifications prior to Date of Hire:
- CPR/First Aid
- Silica Awareness
- Flagger Certification
- OSHA 10
- Must have obtained all NGA OQ tests, practical’s and challenges required to perform work any potential work on a gas distribution system.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow through on assignments with little direct supervision.
- Positive team-based attitude
- Promote a safe work environment by actively participating in all aspects of our employee safety program. Report any unsafe conditions and take actions to prevent personal injuries. Support our interdependent safety culture by ensuring the safety of co-workers.
- Good work ethic
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.