Heavy Equipment Operator
- York, PA, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
Heavy Equipment Operator
Precision Pipeline Solutions is currently seeking to establish a Commercial Utility Equipment Operator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights used in site or utility construction.
2) Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures. Bring problems to the attention of the project Foreman, Superintendent, General Superintendent or Safety Director.
3) Follow daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and training.
4) Knowledge of reading site plans.
7) Help identify any underground and overhead utilities have been located/exposed prior to excavating.
8) Review trenching requirements with Superintendent and ensure any required protection is available.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Keep project foreman, superintendent, or general superintendent informed of known actions, written or verbal, which may affect the ability to successfully perform tasks at construction project sites or adversely affect Company operations.
2) Other projects or duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Communication: Good communication skills both oral and written when working with all levels of management and employees, external vendors and other business associates. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions. Must have good interpersonal skills.
Education/Experience: High school or equivalent, 3 to 5 years of operating construction equipment experience. Considerable knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles. Ability to drive and operate the equipment under varying working conditions. Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands: Ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and potential exposure to adverse weather conditions. Required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Often required to sit, stand, walk, bend knees, stretch arms, stoop, kneel, talk and hear.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions on the job: Employee is exposed to noise level and variable temperatures of terrain. Employee must be flexible in regards to work hours including evenings and weekends. Employee must be willing to travel.
Attendance: Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency as required by management and/or project requirements.
- Personal transportation available to and from job site required
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
- CDL-A preferred, but not required
- Minimum 5 years experience with Heavy Equipment
Job Type: Full-time
Employee Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. 401k Match, Accrued Vacation Time, Sick Time, EAP, and 9 Paid Holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to an applicant’s actual or perceived race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, citizenship, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristic, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, and sex offenses, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. PPS will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.