Flame Ionization Technician
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously –
The FI (Flame Ionization ) program entails employees searching for subsurface leaks on natural gas services and mains throughout the client distribution system. A FI unit is used, and can detect any natural gas particles. It works on the theory that gas is lighter than air, and will rise through to the surface. The employee detects any presence of gas and then pinpoints the leak. Leak pinpointing involves utilizing a Combustible Gas Indicator (CGI), which is a more accurate instrument in detecting leaks and with this a search pattern is constructed to determine where the leak is coming from.
Essential Job functions:
- Detecting subsurface leaks on natural gas services and mains.
- Adhere to safety standards as defined by PPS's safety standards and procedures.
- Polite and Professional interactions with public.
- Reading utility strip maps for job locations.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- Ability to act with integrity and respect of personal or public property.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to report to jobsite daily and travel to a new location upon request at any time throughout local PPS service territories.
- Ability to walk between 1 and 5 miles per day,
Job Type: Full-time
**Some travel may be required throughout western PA.
Personal transportation available to and from job site.
Valid Driver's License.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as delegated to meet the ongoing needs of PPS.