Stray Voltage Technician Trainee/Technician Level 1
- New Windsor, New Windsor, NY, us
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC (PPS) is a natural gas and electric utility contractor headquartered in New Windsor, New York. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Precision Pipeline Solutions, LLC. (PPS) was established in December 2002 and is driven by a management team well experienced in the utility infrastructure industry. This management team’s expertise transcends the design, operations, management, regulatory administration and hands-on construction functions of the utility markets. PPS is focused on delivering cost-effective consultation, inspection, construction, operations and maintenance services to this industry through our staff of safety trained and operator-qualified employees.
At PPS we dedicate ourselves to the following principles of conduct:
• Act with integrity
• Be accountable
• Take initiative
• Serve customers as you would like to be served
• Improve and innovate continuously
Identifying electrical structures, testing them for potential stray voltage using a standard fluke multi-meter and high-density voltage detector. Employee will be required to read a utility strip map, drive to location, then walk the outlined coordinates of utility poles both on and off-road surveying every pole. Position requires the ability to walk approximately 1-5 miles daily. Time management skills and the ability to work independently are essential functions of this position. Upon successfully completion of training period employee will be promoted to a Level 1 Technician.
• Visually examine utility pole structures using tools and equipment such as a standard fluke-multi meter and high-density voltage noting errant current, flaws in utility poles and other outlined criteria.
• Adhere to safety standards as defined by PPS's safety standards and procedures.
• Polite and Professional interactions with public.
• Adhere to PPS dress code.
• Effective Communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret maps.
• Ability to act with integrity and respect of personal or public property.
• Ability to work in all types of weather.
• Ability to report to job-site daily and travel to a new location upon request at any time throughout local PPS service territories. (mileage plan reimbursement)
• Ability to drive between 5 and 100 miles (approximately) daily in a responsible manner.
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Personal transportation available to and from job site.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, bend and pull.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Hours p/Week: 40-50 hrs