Cathodic Protection Technician
- Springfield, MA
With Precision Pipeline Solutions you’ll be working for one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in natural gas and electric utility contracting industry. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem-solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Cathodic protection technicians work on a variety of projects, installing, commissioning, monitoring, evaluating, maintaining, repairing and decommissioning cathodic protection systems.
Employees will be responsible for the cathodic protection of gas pipelines.
A cathodic protection technician - must:
• Prepare for planned cathodic protection projects
• Perform lock out and tag out procedures
• Operate and use testing equipment
• Perform trouble shooting on cathodic protection systems
• Conduct function tests
• Gather data, prepare records and reports
• Install, maintain and repair components of a cathodic protection system
• Troubleshoot and replace components.
• Willing to train the right applicant
• 2-5 years (minimum) experience in corrosion control industry particularly related to cathodic protection work.
• Willing to train put also looking for applicants with a current certification with NACE international as a Corrosion Technician, CP Level 2 or higher.
• Travel as required for job
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.