Gas Leak Survey Technician
- Waterbury, CT
With Precision Pipeline Solutions you’ll be working for one of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in natural gas and electric utility contracting industry. Our mission at PPS is to be the premier provider of the development and implementation of Single Source, multi-dimensional, problem-solving techniques, driving the most effective SOLUTIONS to our utility clients. Our customers will choose us because of our diverse expertise, quality workmanship, and reputation to provide the utmost degree of value.
Performs locating above ground and underground gas leaks and identifying corrective and preventive actions to maintain natural gas systems and performs atmospheric corrosion inspection on commercial and residential gas lines.
- Conducts gas leak surveys on high pressure and intermediate pressure gas lines and regulator stations; pinpoints and documents leaks found in accordance with federal DOT regulations; controls hazardous situations by evaluating the situation; determines the need for evacuation; notifies public safety agencies.
- Inspects existing pipes for the condition of external coating, the condition of the pipe, and evidence of atmospheric corrosion; works with gas crews to coordinate the repairs.
- Classifies leaks; prepares clear, concise, and thorough written reports; maps and sketches leak locations; generates work orders to document all leak surveys; maintains logs for leak survey reports, footage surveyed, calibration, and maintenance of leak detection equipment.
- Ability to act with integrity and respect of personal or public property.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to report to Jobsite daily and travel to a new location upon request at any time
- Ability to walk between 5 and 10 miles per day
Entry Level $14.00/hour with Health Benefits, Retirement Plan, Vacation time, and 9 Paid Holidays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.