Geospatial Engineer II
- 950 H St NW, Washington, DC 20223, USA
Provide support services includes design, develop, configure, and implement web-enabled GIS applications in multiple environments: external facing (DMZ), internal (Dev, Test, Prod, SSE). Activities include data processing and geo-enabling legacy enterprise databases, building mobile workflows and applications, producing strategic and tactical products, maintenance of situational and operational awareness incorporating incident management that supports mission operations and special events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the design of technical project specifications for the implementation of software projects and systems integration efforts of client mission systems.
- Implements systems based on known architectural standards.
- Updates configurations and topologies as required and writes software documentation to design specifications developed as appropriate.
- Acquires geospatial and remote-sensing data in support of analysis, review, and exploitation through the use of GIS industry-standard tools to produce products and data.
- Creates complex cartographic and geospatial products through industry-leading tools via multiple mediums (e.g. mobile, web application, desktop, etc.).
- Performs quality assurance of developed artifacts in support of team and end-client goals.
- Acquires, analyzes, compiles, evaluates and reviews geospatial data designs.
- Designs and implements data conversion procedures.
- Performs software and database quality control.
- Maintains and operates client information technology systems.
- Provides preventative maintenance to systems.
- Maintains regular backups and redundancy.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience in geospatial development
- Understanding of industry-prevalent/state of the art Geospatial Information System (GIS) technology and techniques utilized in systems administration and systems operations
- Proficient in software development with specific experience in web-based application development, 3rd generation programming languages, Internet markup languages, and other web-based Geospatial Information System platforms, including Google, ESRI, and MetaCarta; desktop, and server software products
- Experience utilizing Agile development methodology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Job Location: Washington, DC
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Clearance: S. Citizens (Clearance Eligible)
- Pay: Up to $65K/yr (Depends on Experience)