Systems Administrator / Patch management
- 7681 Boston Blvd, Springfield, VA 22153, USA
The Systems Administrator is responsible for developing updates, changes, fixes, and new capabilities as well as troubleshooting issues that cannot be resolved within Operations. The Systems Administrator is also responsible for documenting the build-to specifications and configuration and installation guidance to support system build.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
- Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as Flexera AdminStudio, Install Shield or tools such as App-V Sequencer.
- Develop, maintain, and deploy secure web browser packages using a variety of web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome in a Windows environment.
- Fulfill end user requests for ad-hoc reporting and information regarding client workstation systems.
- Fulfill end user and change requests for operational engineering assignments pertaining to software deployments, security updates, and overall configuration of client workstation systems.
- Develop technical approaches and provides recommendations to improve upon current processes where necessary.
- Provide mentoring and assistance as necessary with junior team personnel and/or serving in a managerial capacity on a team.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) is a minimum requirement for this position. Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) is highly desirable.
- Advanced understanding of Windows operating systems Platforms.
- Experience with administering Active Directory, particularly with implementing/troubleshooting Group Policy Objects (GPOs) and Group Policy Preferences (GPPs).
- Experience utilizing and maintaining enterprise management systems such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (SCCM 2012 or higher preferred), Active Directory and CMDB.
- Experience using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) (or similar product) for the purpose of building and maintaining reference images.
- Experience using System Center Configuration Manager Task Sequences (or similar product) for the purposes of performing Operating System Deployments (OSD) or building deployments requiring multiple steps
- Thorough understanding of Windows Installer technology and significant experience using Flexera Admin Studio to configure applications for silent or unattended deployments.
- Significant experience building and editing MSI/MST files for enterprise distribution using Flexera AdminStudio.
- Significant experience utilizing scripting and/or programming languages to automate processes and system configuration.
- Use of Remote Admin Tools as well as Hyper-V systems for building and validating test cases.
- Experience with Azure as well as workflow automation tools such as SCORCH are a plus.
- Strong understanding of Edge and Internet Explorer (security zones, document modes) and ability to troubleshoot/identify security or compatibility related issues.
- Excellent process oriented skills with regards to configuration management and trouble-shooting within a complex enterprise environment
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across diverse audiences and influence cross functionally
- Job Location: Springfield, VA 22153
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Clearance: Eligible for CBP-BI clearance
- Pay: Up to $140K/yr (Depends on Experience)