- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
Staff Accountant is responsible for managing all Accounts Payable duties including review and process of invoices, scheduling check and debit card payments, onboarding new vendors and vendor communications. In addition, the Staff Accountant will apply accounting principles and financial acumen to prepare and record General Ledger entries, bank reconciliations, other account reconciliations, month-end and year-end close, and financial statement reporting.
· Audit, record and disburse employee reimbursements
· Deposit checks to bank using RDC system
· Record programmatic (RPM) revenue and reconcile receivables balances
· Complete daily cash reporting cycle, reconciling outside source information to banking activity and preparing daily cash entries
· Prepare month-end journal entries
· Analyze and prepare special projects as needed
· Process all incoming purchase requests and invoices
o Verify accuracy
o Review approvals
o Verify G/L account coding
o Record invoices in Intacct
o Run/review vendor histories where appropriate
o Research/resolve any problems
· Monitor purchase requests for payment due dates, obtain necessary approvals, and coordinate timing of payments.
· Obtain W-9’s and other tax related forms and agreements.
· Set up new vendors in Intacct
· Apply credit memos/debit memos as appropriate
· Maintain voided check register
· Reconcile vendor A/P balances to vendor statements
· Process check runs, ensuring all documentation and authorization requirements are completed.
· Handle all inquiries from A/P vendors
· Submit timely reports and meet regularly with Controller/CFO to request approval to make payments to A/P vendors by wire, checks and debit card.
· Review and maintain A/P Aging accuracy.
· Initiate approved wire transfers in bank site.
· Manage annual 1099 forms process
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or minimum three years G/L experience (A/P, A/R, CM, FA, GL)
Proficient in computerized accounting systems, Excel and Word
Knowledge of Sage Intacct a plus, but not required
Excellent organization, communication, and team building skills
Detail-oriented, accurate, multi-tasking abilities
Productive under time and workload demands
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.