- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
PRIDE MEDIA and HIGH TIMES are seeking a Human Resources Director to lead a best-practices Human Resources function. The Human Resources Director is responsible for partnering with our senior leadership team to create and deliver on the company’s people strategy. This role will fully own the Human Resources function. Pride Media includes Out magazine, The Advocate, Plusmagazine, PRIDE.com, and Out Traveler. Those with an indefatigable passion for the Pride Media mission of serving LGBTQ people will be most successful. High Times is the definitive resource for all things cannabis. From cultivation and legalization, to entertainment and culture, High Times has been the preeminent source for cannabis information since 1974.
· Collaborate with leaders to identify headcount strategy and needs. Advise leaders on organizational structure, headcount planning, and promotion/salary planning.
· Advise managers on employee relations and performance management practices. Drive strategic growth processes within the organization, such as the annual competency benchmarks, talent review process, and succession planning.
· Train managers to coach and discipline employees and advise on employee relations issues.
· Maintain human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs.
· Maintain the Employee Handbook, including policies, procedures, and programs.
· Administer benefits programs including health, dental, life, FSA, PTO, 401(k), leaves of absence, and employee assistance.
· Administer and process payroll in a professional and confidential manner.
· Monitor the effectiveness of programs, policies, guidelines, and procedures, recommending revisions as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
· Assist management in the annual review, preparation, and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
· Oversee company benefits plan design and perk programs, immigration compliance.
· Continually review (and make recommendations to management for improvement of) our policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
· Lead recruiting and oversee onboarding and coaching.
· Help management craft job descriptions and execute key personnel placements.
· Champion positive and professional work culture.
· Champion for progressive values of workplace equality.
· Ensure all company compliance & regulatory.
· Stay informed of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures our compliance.
· Keeps up to date on federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
Desired Skills and Experience
· 5+ year Human Resource experience.
· Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
· Proven experience creating Performance Management structure, creating on-boarding materials, creating on-boarding structure.
· Understanding of LGBTQ culture and challenges faced by LGBTQ employees and their families
· Strong employee relations, conflict resolution and facilitation skill-set: ability to gain trust and credibility with employees at all levels and effectively manage difficult situations.
· Creative thinker and problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
· Ability to multitask, juggling multiple projects & campaigns, as well as supporting multiple Business Development Managers.
· Proven strength with analytics.
· Brings a great network.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.