Social Media Coordinator
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
We are looking for a social-savvy and creative individual to join the social team for Pride Media. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to deepen their social skills with the number one LGBTQ brand on social.
The Social Media Editor will report to the Social Media Manager and under their direction, set up social campaigns to support both branded and editorial social initiatives, coordinate social calendars, monitor campaign performance, and help prepare weekly reports.
The ideal candidate will already have a background in social media management with proven growth experience, is outgoing and a social user themselves, and has a passion for the LGBTQ community.
- Schedule and execute branded and organic social posts upon approval
- Prepare weekly social reports for client campaigns reporting on paid and organic metrics
- Maintain detailed branded and editorial social calendars; work with teams to slot in new posts, communicate daily next day’s schedule
· Assist the social and marketing teams with on-site social duties at Pride Media events (duties may include assistance with on-site interviews, filming for Instagram stories, live tweeting etc.)
· Assist the social and video teams with creating a new YouTube presence for the Pride Media properties helping to identify key LGBTQ vloggers and influencers for cross-collaboration
· Brainstorm community and influencer extensions for social campaigns; help organize Instagram takeovers to bring in fresh voices to expand reach and engagement
· Participate in daily social trend stand-ups to identify real-time engagement opportunities
· Stay up to date with current trends in social media including emerging channels and new social products
· 1+ years of social experience required
· 1+ years in publishing preferred
· Experience with lifestyle/fashion/entertainment/beauty brands a plus
· Facebook certified or willing to obtain certification within first 30 days of hire
· Knowledge of Facebook, Facebook Live, Messenger, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube and other live streaming apps and social media platforms
· Knowledge of key LGBTQ influencers and celebrities
· Outgoing, proactive attitude
· Organized self-starter with attention to detail
· Must be willing to work periodically at Pride Media events
· Must have basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar editing software
· Photography experience a plus
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment.
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment.
- Diversity of work projects.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, holidays