Associate Director, Branded Partnerships
- New York, NY, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
The Associate Director, Branded Partnerships will drive the creative process of advertiser programs and campaigns from beginning to end: responding to RFPs, researching, brainstorming, formulating content strategy, and working with various internal and external teams to produce content and programs that resonate with our audiences and achieves clients’ goals/kpis. This person will conceptualize and realize compelling concepts for our team and clients. They will also recognize which content — from written articles to social media campaigns to long-form video and everything between — or program elements will be the most effective to deliver on advertiser kpis. They will also provide leadership to the team, spearhead innovations across platforms and expertly navigate client communications.
A background in program development, responding to RFPs/writing proposals, branded content ideation, production and execution at either a publisher or a creative agency is required, along with a drive to monetize branded content and satisfying advertiser objectives.
Your work will involve:
• A need for exceptional leadership skills, along with a strong sense of professionalism
• Developing a variety of custom branded content campaigns for a wide range of advertisers
• Ability to skillfully and efficiently Identify and negotiate with/hire third-party talent
• Ability to maintain the voice of our brands in various media formats, while still creating
content that is also on brand for our advertisers and resonates with our audience
• Conceptualizing brand-focused promotional and sales materials for Pride Media properties
• Responding to RFPs, proposal creation, writing and building decks/presentations for the sales team
• Effectively marrying storytelling with brand promotion
• Achieving partner KPIs across various platforms
• Contributing to strategies for all campaigns, across all platforms
• Maintaining and building relationships with a network of contributors
• Understanding of social media + how to utilize it to drive traffic and engagement(s)
• Writing project scope of work, creative briefs and storyboards, and project estimates and managing all necessary project documentation from project initiation to completion
• Identifying risks, assumptions, and dependencies at the outset of projects
• Keeping client services up to date on project progress, and keeping production on time and on budget
• Liaising professionally and proactively with clients on project progress and providing solutions on pivoting elements when necessary/appropriate
• Bringing rigor in the process, attention to detail and quality of execution
• Bringing best practice in program creation and management to help keep the consultancy – and our clients – ahead of the game
• Identifying opportunities to grow accounts and play an active part in landing those opportunities.
• Managing tight deadlines, while managing internal and external stakeholder expectations
• Understanding of standard project documentation (SOW, LOA & other contracts)
• Analyzing market/audience behavior and data to identify trends and opportunities.
Comfortable working with emerging platforms to produce new value
To land this job, you’ll need to have:
• 7+ years of experience in concept/campaign creation, production and campaign development at a creative agency or publishing company (in-house content studio)
• An ability to get stuff done without a lot of supervision
• Success in motivating a small team to meet client objectives
• Patience and enthusiasm
• A compelling portfolio of projects you’ve been responsible for and delivered successfully, from initial statement of work, through development and change management to final delivery
• Ability to negotiate successfully with third party vendors to fulfill campaign objectives
• Familiarity with and enthusiasm for Pride Media content and the LGBTQ+ market
• Must be able to work under pressure and time constraints
• Experience in utilizing social media to drive traffic, value and engagements
• Experience servicing brands in multiple industries including (but not limited to) automotive, CPG, travel, luxury, fashion, pharmaceutical and finance
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment.
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment.
- Diversity of work projects.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, holidays