Senior Drupal Developer
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
The Senior Drupal Developer position is responsible for maintaining and building robust, stable web and mobile applications to achieve the company’s objectives as well as suggest innovative solutions to our challenges and help shape our technology strategy. The senior developer takes responsibility in key areas such as ensuring optimal uptime of all websites, coding features to support major projects and sales initiatives, observing best coding practices and maintainability, and working with teams (both internal and external) to guarantee the successful launch of projects in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Works with technical teams to define projects, create supporting documentation and drive a project to completion.
· Works closely with other departments to design and implement functionality of all media sites based on the department needs.
· Ensures adherence to agreed-upon best practices in technology and methodology.
· Ensure web sites and applications are tested and conform to established performance and stability criteria.
· Effectively identifies, communicates, and manages change requests, and generates creative solutions to roadblocks.
· Recommends tools and utilities for development, testing and management of websites.
· Vets and evangelizes new technologies as they serve business needs.
· Serves as a "thought leader" within their group, working as a contributor as well as a leader.
· Ability to see the big picture, identify and resolve conflicting priorities, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Mentor other developers on current and new technologies.
· BA in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 3-5 years of developing sites in Drupal (Drupal 8 preferred).
· Experience creating and modifying Drupal modules.
· Experience installing and configuring Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Varnish, and Memcache.
· Knowledge creating/working with containerized environment for local development a plus.
· Experience working in a multi-site environment in Drupal for high traffic websites with millions of visitors each month.
· Strong experience with OOP in PHP.
· Experience with building mobile web application.
· Knowledge with continuous integration environment a bonus.
· Experience with building web services API (REST recommended) in Drupal.
· Ability to troubleshoot server performance issues including optimizing SQL queries (MySQL recommended), networking, etc.
· Understanding of Drupal's best practices as well as pitfalls.
· Experience working with source control systems (such as Git, SVN, etc).
· Ability to hand-code HTML and table-less CSS is preferred.
· Experience with Agile development process.
· Possesses ability to apply business needs and logic to development requirements.
· Needs to be detail-oriented, resourceful, and work well under pressure.
· Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and management.
· Able to jump in and assist other team members where needed in a multi-hat environment.
· Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment.
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment.
- Diversity of work projects.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, holidays
*Must be Local.