Editor - CHILL.US
- 10990 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
The Editor reports to the Editor in Chief and is responsible for the daily editing, scheduling and production of stories that fit our voice. CHILL is the premiere men’s quarterly magazine featuring authentic voices that entertain and empower lives of urban men. For us, urban is not just a group, but a lifestyle. With editorial focused on health, fitness, grooming, streetwear, sneakers, entertainment, pop culture, sex & relationships, technology, and travel, CHILL is for guys of all races, ages, religions and income levels who are empowered by living label-free. The Editor is an imaginative writer and reliable worker responsible for ensuring we produce the rate and quality of stories needed to attract a large audience of queer men, especially with content intended for distribution on social media. The Editor writes in a casual voice fitting the brand and knows how to cultivate that voice in other writers. We want a site that is a space for diversity and inclusion for black, Latino, and other men of color as well as their friends. CHILL is breaking barriers, with editorial content that’s provocative, actionable, and informative.
· Acts as the first editor on articles appearing online, including strong pre-editing and regular feedback to freelancers on what has worked or not worked, according to our standards and statistics about readership.
· Acts as a top writer for CHILL.us, taking on some of its best and most timely centerpieces, slideshows, lists or commentaries.
· Monitors news sites and leading publications on a daily basis for events and stories that are trending and must be covered through the CHILL lens. Drives breaking news to be posted quickly and with a CHILL approach to storytelling.
· Must be efficient, well organized, have a strong interest in celebrities and entertainment, and a broad knowledge of what it means to be a young and LGBT.
· Must be able to recognize how to break down a story into the parts that are most easily shareable as lists or images, while able to create accompanying screenshots, animated gifs, video clips or whatever else is necessary to create the most engaging version of the story.
· Must be a proficient writer who is also an adept copy editor.
· Must be willing and able to work evenings or weekends when needed to meet deadlines or while on press trips.
· Must be sufficiently flexible and knowledgeable about the online production process.
Additional preferred skills:
· Experience with Drupal or another CMS.
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
· Experience and interest in using social media as a key news gathering tool and for disseminating stories while creating a community.
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment.
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment.
- Diversity of work projects.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, holidays