Deputy Editor - OUT
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
Pride Media operates the most established, most recognized, and most talked-about media brands serving the LGBTQ market. Our award winning content is delivered within a dynamic portfolio of media properties that are rich in history, culture, news, entertainment, fashion, and photography. Together, these properties capture the many facets of the LGBTQ experience and reach millions of readers and viewers every month. Across all platforms—print, digital, social media, tablet, events and mobile—Pride Media reaches consumers wherever they are and however they want.
PRIDE MEDIA is building the editorial team for OUT.com and looking for a Deputy Editor to work closely with the site’s Editorial Director to act as a strategic and creative lead to deliver best-in-class digital content in the LGBTQ market. In this vital role, the Deputy Editor will be responsible for pitching, writing, and/or assigning, editing, and publishing a robust lineup of content that appeals to OUT’s audience via search and social platforms, running the gamut between quick news items to feature stories to celebrity interviews. This position reports directly to the Editorial Director, and works closely with all departments.
We’re look for a metric-focused digital guru with a 360-approach to content, who can produce traffic-driving stories from inception to the publishing stage, optimizing for social and search.
Who’s a good fit? Someone who is data-driven, ambitious, curious, eager, creative, and fun. This role is for someone who likes to be challenged and work with a growing team. Those with an indefatigable passion for the Pride Media mission of serving LGBTQ people will be the most successful.
· Pitch and write up to 20 stories per week on OUT.com, including news, features, and celebrity stories.
· Pitch and either write or assign/edit longer-lead and larger features, as well as social media-driven projects.
· Use analytics tools to monitor performance, and adjust strategies accordingly.
· Work with Editorial Director on crafting digital plans for OUT print releases.
· Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or other quantitative fields.
· Minimum 4+ years experience in a similar role at an established digital media company.
· Proven track record of growing audience for a digital media company.
· Experience with web and social analytics including Chartbeat, Google Analytics, and comScore.
· A sense of urgency, with the ability to write and edit fast, without compromising the Pride Media brand mission.
· Must thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment and possess a strong ability to adapt, multitask, and manage multiple deadlines at once.
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with other editors, branded content, and sales teams.
- Fast-paced, high growth work environment.
- Friendly, fun, and collaborative team-based work environment.
- Diversity of work projects.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Paid vacation, holidays