Curriculum Specialist and Content Writer (6–12 ELA)
- 58 Artisan Dr, Smyrna, DE 19977, USA
Prestwick House is an established ELA publisher led by a tight-knit team of educators, administrators, and language enthusiasts who are passionate about the study of English Language Arts and its potential to change students' lives for the better.
We are currently seeking candidates for three positions, all of which require strong backgrounds in 6-12 ELA education and/or publishing: Curriculum Specialist and Content Writer, Senior Editor, and Content Writer. This listing is for the position of Curriculum Specialist and Content Writer. All three positions offer a competitive salary and robust benefits package.
- Develop and implement strong pedagogical vision, oversight, and long-term strategy for all new and developing products, campaigns, and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with our writers, editors, and marketing specialists to ensure best-practice approaches and application of ELA principles and skills
- Serve as education, classroom, and pedagogy expert, driver, and resource on our editorial team
- Drive pedagogical vision of our new digital platform and initiatives
- Partner with editorial team and company leadership to initiate, conceptualize, and develop print and digital learning solution and products
- Between 25-50% of this position will require content writing and/or editing.
- BA/MA in ELA, education, instructional design, or related field; advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years middle/high school classroom experience
- 3+ years as writer or editor, ideally in educational publishing or technology, with exemplary writing skills
- Deep knowledge of ELA instructional practices, curriculum, and CCSS
- Experience in (and passion for) education technology, with strong command of current trends in digital and blended learning
- Market knowledge and understanding of product financials a plus
- Positive attitude and commitment to teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in informal but deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with exceptional follow-through, initiative, and commitment to excellence
- Desire to be part of a team that’s changing the future of ELA education!
Candidates within commuting distance of our Delaware office—roughly equidistant between Philadelphia and Baltimore/DC—are strongly preferred. Remote arrangement (with regular travel) considered for outstanding candidate.
If you believe you’re the right person for the job, please submit a resume and compelling cover letter (with salary requirement).* If we see a potential match, we’ll contact you.
*Note to candidates applying through SmartRecruiters: Cover letters should be submitted through the "Your message to the hiring manager" text box (which will appear after the resume upload step).