PHOENIX AREA WFH [email protected] Automotive (Mechanical Breakdown) Claims Adjuster
** THIS ROLE REQUIRES CANDIDATE TO BE RESIDE WITHIN THE PHOENIX METRO AREA, PREFERRABLY IN THE EAST VALLEY **
** ATTN ALL MECHANICS, TECHS, SERVICE MNGRS & SERVICE ADVISORS **
- Ready to stop turning wrenches 12 hours a day, 6 days a week?
- Ready to say good bye to CSI?
- Looking to improve your work/life balance while still enjoying a Full-time, Mon-Friday, 40-hour work week?
- Searching for an opportunity to take your years of automotive repair and/or service writing experience & use it in new and exciting ways?
- Ready to do all of this and more while you work remotely from your own home?
Who we are:
We CARE First
No matter what the situation or who we are talking to, we work together with the utmost care. We always strive to do our best and to take care of our customers, dealers, shops, and each other like family.
We Act with INTEGRITY
Our word is our promise. When we say we will do something, we will do it. Our compass does not waiver and we will not compromise our values for anything.
We are DYNAMIC
We are positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas. We are passionate and spirited. We are a force to be reckoned with. And we cannot be stopped. We look to the future while celebrating our beginnings. We will adapt and adjust accordingly and do it in style.
We are DRIVEN
We are never satisfied with the status-quo, we push ourselves to do better and be better. We are seasoned, proficient and simply put - experienced. We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge over the years, and we are eager to share that information with our customers, dealers, and employees - all while continuing to learn and grow.
What We’re looking for:
Team members who CARE First & Act with INTEGRITY.
People that live for a challenge, a stretch goal, for success - folks that are DRIVEN.
At PWI, we offer a DYNAMIC work environment while empowering all to attain new heights.
Welcome to Preferred Warranties, Inc! Welcome to PWI!
As a Claims Adjuster, you will:
- Manage claims from initial complaint to final resolution by following the claims adjudication process.
- Understand mechanical processes related to an automobile, and able to effectively communicate to customers and repair centers those processes as it relates to the failure
- Collaborate with team members in a positive manner to quickly and effectively adjudicate claims.
- Have a complex working knowledge of all PWI products including policies, procedures, and contractual terms and use this knowledge to assist internal and external customers.
- Effectively master all related software applications to determine claim coverage, repair costs and/or reasons for denial. Examples of these applications include PWI internal applications, third party parts, and AllData & Mitchell labor guides.
- Research mechanical repair processes and labor rates to ensure that PWI is aligned with industry standards and contractual obligations.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of vehicle design changes, marketplace trends, recalls and Technical Service Bulletins.
- Understand the shop system, including ratings, labor rates and type of repairs. Accurately determine average labor and provide customers with proper shop referrals based on location and type of repair.
- Follow third-party inspection guidelines and processes as defined by the company. Effectively evaluate inspection reports and make decisions based on our contractual obligations.
- Nurture relationships with our dealer partners, repair centers, part suppliers, and other vendors.
- Handle escalated calls from repair centers shops and customers in a professional and friendly manner that results in a positive outcome and rarely need assistance from management.
- Experience in the automotive service industry including previous mechanic/technician and/or service advising/writing experience
- Strong understanding of automotive repair shop procedures and practices
- Exceptional customer service principles & practices with strong problem-solving, negotiation, time management & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
- Positive attitude with a passion for growth & a zest for learning
- ASE Certification(s) in one or more areas (preferred)
- Experience processing/adjudicating automotive mechanical (VSC) claims (preferred)
In addition, you will:
- Need to have reliable & fast(the faster the better) internet with a distraction free work environment. Minimum internet connection speeds of 150 mbps download & 15 mbps upload are required.
- Be comfortable sitting for extended periods & working on the phone for most of your shift
- Be well versed using a computer and navigating multiple programs (including but not limited to Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc)
- Be personable & pleasant to engage with callers throughout the country as well as your fellow coworkers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Environmental requirements & addition information:
This position is not offered to anyone residing outside of the Phoenix Metro area of Arizona.
Position requires sitting for extended periods in an office type environment(in your own home) with some walking and standing. Frequent & constant use of telephone (softphone with a headset) and company supplied computer & related equipment.
This role is ONLY available for candidates that currently or soon plan to be residing within the Phoenix Metro area of AZ, preferably in the East Valley. Future in office requirements would be part of the role, and mostly likely would be a hybrid in office/work from home schedule. This is not a 100% guaranteed to always be a remote WFH role and may not always be remote WFH.
This position is considered an entry level Claims ADJ position at $20.20 per hour with up to a $2000.00 signing bonus available. Signing bonus payouts after 30 days and 180 days of employment (requirements must be met for bonus payout).
Additional salary compensation considerations available for Spanish (FLUENT) candidates &/or candidates with direct & relevant previous mechanical claim adjudication experience with a VSC provider - this additional consideration would be added to the $20.20 hourly rate.
For 2022, this position has up to 4 weeks of paid time off available (hire date determines exact PTO bank for the calendar year) not including 5 additional days our office will be closed for observed holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day observed Monday 12/26).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
Currently WFH [email protected] for all Claims Adjusters - possible future in office requirements, most likely in the East Valley of the Phoenix Metro Area. When in office, distancing & mask requirements may be in force for all. Capacity approximately 8 occupants.