Automotive (Mechanical Breakdown & Repair) Claims Adjuster
- Mesa, AZ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Welcome to Preferred Warranties Inc!
PWI is expanding our footprint and product offerings to independent automotive dealers. We are a tier 1 provider of extended protection plans (vehicle service contracts) for preowned vehicles, with a focus on protecting dealer partner’s brand by covering their customer's mechanical issues post purchase.
Who we are:
We CARE First
No matter what the situation or who we are talking to, we work together with the utmost care. We always strive to do our best and to take care of our customers, dealers, shops, and each other like family.
We Act with INTEGRITY
Our word is our promise. When we say we will do something, we will do it. Our compass does not waiver and we will not compromise our values for anything.
We are DYNAMIC
We are positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas. We are passionate and spirited. We are a force to be reckoned with. And we cannot be stopped. We look to the future while celebrating our beginnings. We will adapt and adjust accordingly and do it in style.
We are DRIVEN
We are never satisfied with the status-quo, we push ourselves to do better and be better. We are seasoned, proficient and simply put - experienced. We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge over the years, and we are eager to share that information with our customers, dealers, and employees - all while continuing to learn and grow.
What We’re looking for:
Team members who CARE First & Act with INTEGRITY. People that live for a challenge, a stretch goal, for success - folks that are DRIVEN. At PWI, we offer a DYNAMIC work environment while empowering you to attaint new heights.
As a Claims Adjuster, you will:
- Manage claims from initial complaint to final resolution by following the claims adjudication process.
- Understand mechanical processes related to an automobile, and able to effectively communicate to customers and repair centers those processes as it relates to the failure
- Collaborate with team members in a positive manner to quickly and effectively adjudicate claims.
- Have a complex working knowledge of all PWI products including policies, procedures, and contractual terms and use this knowledge to assist internal and external customers.
- Effectively master all related software applications to determine claim coverage, repair costs and/or reasons for denial. Examples of these applications include PWI internal applications, third party parts, and AllData & Mitchell labor guides.
- Research mechanical repair processes and labor rates to ensure that PWI is aligned with industry standards and contractual obligations.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of vehicle design changes, marketplace trends, recalls and Technical Service Bulletins.
- Understand the shop system, including ratings, labor rates and type of repairs. Accurately determine average labor and provide customers with proper shop referrals based on location and type of repair.
- Follow third-party inspection guidelines and processes as defined by the company. Effectively evaluate inspection reports and make decisions based on our contractual obligations.
- Nurture relationships with our dealer partners, repair centers, part suppliers, and other vendors.
- Handle escalated calls from repair centers shops and customers in a professional and friendly manner that results in a positive outcome and rarely need assistance from management.
- Experience in the automotive service industry including previous mechanical/technician and/or service advising/writing experience
- Strong understanding of automotive repair shop procedures and practices
- Exceptional customer service principles & practices with strong problem-solving, negotiation, time management & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
- Positive attitude with a passion for growth & a zest for learning
- ASE (Center for Automotive Service Excellence) Certification(s) in one or more areas (preferred)
- Experience processing and adjudicating automotive mechanical (VSC) claims (preferred)
In addition, you will:
- Need to have reliable & fast internet with a distraction free work environment.
- Be comfortable sitting for extended periods & working on the phone for most of your shift
- Be well versed using a computer and navigating multiple programs (including but not limited to Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc)
- Be personable & pleasant to engage with callers throughout the country as well as your fellow coworkers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Position requires sitting for extended periods in an office type environment with some walking and standing. Frequent use of telephone and computer.
This position is not offered to anyone residing outside of the United States or in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii.
If you live within 100 miles of Mesa, AZ or Orwigsburg, PA - a full remote position is not available (ask for details on possible Hybrid Remote positions & opportunities).