Automotive (Mechanical) Claims Adjuster
- Mesa, AZ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Welcome to Preferred Warranties Inc!
Available in all 50 states, PWI is expanding our footprint and product offerings to independent automotive dealers.
We are a tier 1 provider of extended protection plans for preowned vehicles, with a focus on protecting our dealer partner’s brand by covering their client’s mechanical issues post purchase.
Who we are:
With our people-first culture, PWI believes in creating an environment where employees look forward to work each day. Plus, PWI’s committed to helping each employee develop their own career dream.
We’re looking for:
PWI is looking for team members that thrive in a dynamic environment. Team members obsessed with growth, that live for a challenge, a stretch goal, success. We empower our team members to attaint new heights in their markets and in their careers.
As a Claims Adjuster I, you will:
- Manage customer claims from initial complaint to final resolution by following the claims adjudication process.
- Have a fundamental understanding of mechanical processes related to an automobile, and able to effectively communicate to customers and repair centers those processes as it relates to the failure
- Collaborate with team members in a positive manner to quickly and effectively adjudicate claims.
- Have a complex working knowledge of all PWI products including policies, procedures, and contractual terms and use this knowledge to assist internal and external customers.
- Effectively master all related software applications to determine claim coverage, repair costs and/or reasons for denial. Examples of these applications include PWI internal applications and third party parts and labor guides.
- Research mechanical repair processes and labor rates to ensure that PWI is aligned with industry standards and contractual obligations.
- Maintain a current working knowledge of vehicle design changes, market place trends, recalls and Technical Service Bulletins.
- Understand the shop system, including ratings, labor rates and type of repairs. Accurately determine average labor and provide customers with proper shop referrals based on location and type of repair.
- Follow third-party inspection guidelines and processes as defined by the company. Effectively evaluate inspection reports and make decisions based on our contractual obligations.
- Nurture relationships with customers, repair centers, part suppliers, and other vendors.
- Handle escalated calls from repair centers shops and customers in a professional and friendly manner that results in a positive outcome and rarely need assistance from management.
- The voice of the PWI brand to our customers and shops.
- Providing exceptional customer service and responsiveness that inspires customer confidence and loyalty.
- Experience in the automotive mechanical repair, automotive service writing, and/or automotive service advising industry
- Strong understanding of vehicle repair shop procedures and practices; including labor guides and part pricing
- Exceptional customer service principles & practices with strong problem-solving, negotiation, time management & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to reason and negotiate while being approachable and adaptable to new ideas
- Positive attitude with a passion for growth & zest for learning
- High school diploma/GED
- ASE (Center for Automotive Service Excellence) Certification in one or more areas (preferred)
- Experience processing and adjudicating automotive mechanical (VSC) claims (preferred)
In addition, you will:
- Be comfortable working on the phone - taking inbound/outbound phone calls
- Be comfortable using a computer and navigating multiple programs
- Be comfortable sitting for extended periods in an office environment with some walking and standing
- Be personable to engage with Service Writers and Technicians throughout the country
Position requires sitting for extended periods in an office type environment with some walking and standing. Frequent use of telephone and computer.
This position is not offered to anyone residing in California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii.