Learning & Development Manager
- Orwigsburg, PA 17961, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Welcome to Preferred Warranties Inc. Now available in all 50 states, PWI is expanding our footprint and product offerings to independent automotive dealers. We are a tier 1 provider of extended protection plans for preowned vehicles, with a focus on protecting dealer partner’s brand by covering their client’s mechanical issues post purchase.
Who we are:
With our people-first culture, PWI believes in creating an environment where employees look forward to work each day. Plus, PWI’s committed to helping each employee develop their own career dream.
We’re looking for:
PWI is looking for a strong, dynamic talent that thrives in a fast paced, results oriented culture. A team member obsessed with growth, that lives for a challenge and pursues success.
This Learning and Development Manager will be the point person for curation, development, preparation, organization, implementation, tracking, facilitation and updating corporate classroom, on site, and web training initiatives for the company; conducting courses in all delivery methods/channels to best serve its internal and external customers.
As a Learning and Development Manager you’ll:
· Conduct needs assessments with leadership and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training updates or new programs.
· Assist with all PWI training materials from updates to implementation including presentation to audiences from 30 to upwards of 100 attendees.
· Assist with the development of PWI team members as they attend training.
· Research and test new training technology platforms, stay current in Learning and Design trends and advancements to propose innovative learning solutions to solve business needs.
· Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of PWI policies, processes and procedures relative to current business operations at PWI.
· With the Vice President of Sales, develop and maintain a training library of PWI relative material for both internal and external customers.
· Coach, train, inspire and develop team members to utilize all available tools and strategic sales strategies to exceed market goals.
· Apply a blended approach to the development of training materials and curriculum that incorporates classroom sessions, eLearning, coaching and mentoring, and web communication.
· Evaluates training and development efforts and suggests changes as necessary. Self-educate to stay abreast of cutting-edge learning and training theory, technology and techniques.
· With Vice President of Sales, provides ongoing training and learning support to the sales team. Formulate teaching outlines and determine appropriate instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings workshops and self-training materials.
· Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
· Work with PWI sales team to identify new opportunities for learning, as well as best delivery method(s). Confer with management and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training updates or new programs.
· Work with Vice President of Sales and Sales Leadership to ensure continued alignment of departmental efforts with overall organizational goals and coordinate for final deployment of all materials.
· Prepares materials, certificates; creates and grade tests while tracking results, updates corporate calendar and other aspects as needed to ensure a cohesive, professional training product.
· Other duties, as assigned including special projects.
Degree in related field preferred. Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a training and development department in the Automotive Industry. Must be highly assertive, innovative, results/detail oriented, and a team player. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as demonstrated presentation, coaching, time management, and problem-solving skills. Telephone, keyboard, computer, standard office equipment utilized on a regular basis. Travel up to 10%.
Position requires walking, sitting, and standing. Driving automobile to customer premises is required. Varying climates, weather conditions, and walking surfaces, inside and outside.