Automotive (Mechanical) Claims Adjuster I
- Orwigsburg, PA 17961, USA
We fuel the entrepreneurial dream in our community through our people, products, and our four values that drive every business decision and customer interaction:
Elevating relationships | Vision-driven | Powered by passion | Dedicated to you
Welcome to Preferred Warranties Inc. Now available in all 50 states, PWI is expanding our footprint and product offerings to independent automotive dealers. We are a tier 1 provider of extended protection plans for preowned vehicles, with a focus on protecting dealer partner’s brand by covering their client’s mechanical issues post purchase.
Who we are:
With our people-first culture, PWI believes in creating an environment where employees look forward to work each day. Plus, PWI’s committed to helping each employee develop their own career dream.
We’re looking for:
PWI is looking for team members that thrive in a dynamic environment. Team members obsessed with growth, that live for a challenge, a stretch goal, success. We empower our team members to attaint new heights in their careers.
As a Claims Adjuster I you will:
· Manage customer claims from initial complaint to final resolution by following the claims adjudication process.
· Have a fundamental understanding of mechanical processes related to an automobile, and able to effectively communicate to customers and repair centers those processes as it relates to the failure
· Collaborate with team members in a positive manner to quickly and effectively adjudicate claims.
· Have a complex working knowledge of all PWI products including policies, procedures, and contractual terms and use this knowledge to assist internal and external customers.
· Effectively master all related software applications to determine claim coverage, repair costs or reasons for denial. Examples of these applications include PWI internal applications and third party parts and labor guides.
· Research mechanical repair processes and labor rates to ensure that PWI is aligned with industry standards and contractual obligations.
· Maintain a current working knowledge of vehicle design changes, market place trends, recalls and Technical Service Bulletins.
· Understand the shop system, including ratings, labor rates and type of repairs. Accurately determine average labor and provide customers with proper shop referrals based on location and type of repair.
· Follow third-party inspection guidelines and processes as defined by the company. Effectively evaluate inspection reports and make decisions based on our contractual obligations.
· Nurture relationships with customers, repair centers, part suppliers, and other vendors.
· Handle department escalated calls from repair centers shops and customers in a professional and friendly manner that results in a positive outcome and rarely need assistance from management.
· The voice of the PWI brand to our customers and shops.
· Providing exceptional customer service and responsiveness that inspires customer confidence and loyalty.
· High School Diploma/GED
· Experience in the automotive mechanical repair, automotive service writing, or automotive service advising industry (required)
· ASE (Center for Automotive Service Excellence) Certification in one or more areas (preferred)
· Experience processing and adjudicating automotive mechanical (VSC) claims (preferred)
· Exceptional customer service principles & practices with strong problem-solving, negotiation, time management & communication skills (required)
· Ability to multi-task and work effectively as part of a team
· Positive attitude with a passion for growth & zest for learning
Position requires sitting for extended periods in an office environment with some walking and standing. Frequent use of telephone and computer.
Position requires walking, sitting, and standing. Driving automobile to customer premises is required. Varying climates, weather conditions, and walking surfaces, inside and outside.