- 6754 Santa Barbara Ct, Baltimore, MD, United States
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
Looking for the next step in your manufacturing career? Want to work somewhere where your contributions are valued & recognized? Well, we are looking for our next great Production Supervisor at our Elkridge, MD facility. Using your strong leadership & communication skills, you will supervise & coordinate day to day activities of production workers on a shift. You will be responsible for safety, quality, production, shipping & receiving, and maintenance on an assigned shift. Some of your responsibilities will include the following:
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Enforces company policies, rules, safety and environmental regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other management to coordinate production activities with other departments.
- Responsible for documenting shift incidents and accidents using the appropriate plant or corporate form.
- Responsible for ensuring the employees on the shift are wearing the correct
- PPE and following safety rules.
- Verifies that Satellite Accumulation and RCRA requirements are being followed by coater operators.
As the selected candidate, you will have the following experience:
- 3 to 5 years in a plant environment.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. College degree a plus.
- Process control experience a plus.
- Steel, slitting, coil coating, and other steel related experience strongly preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to train, motivate, and direct production employees.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to customer demands and production problems.
- Willing and able to work a night shift position
- Excellent communication & leadership abilities
Great Benefits Day 1
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace