DOT Compliance Administrator
- Chester, VA, USA
CW Wright Construction Company is a leading provider of high quality turnkey transmission, substation, distribution and solar facility construction services for electric utilities in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions of the United States. Our expertise comprises all aspects of utility work including: overhead, underground, transmission, telephone special hotline construction, substations, cable splicing,
foundations, horizontal and directional boring, and right-of-way clearing.
We are currently recruiting for a DOT Compliance Administrator in the Energy, Power & Utilities Sector. The DOT Administrator is responsible for assisting the Fleet Director in ensuring compliance in driver hiring, driver qualification, and maintenance of DOT required compliance records.
- Review and process all driver applicant qualification documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Request and review background investigation reports such as Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs), Commercial Driver’s License Information System (CDLIS), and Pre-employment Screening Program (PSP) reports.
- Track all driver credentials (License, Medical Cards, etc.) and send renewal notification reports to Division Offices.
- Assist in Driver Annual Review process to include request for MVRs and distribution/collection of certificates of violation.
- Assist in completing all driver safety performance history checks and DOT drug/alcohol history checks.
- Populate and manage JD Edwards software to ensure all driver credentials and files are compliant with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
- Maintain file on each Truck for Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs).
- Assist in populating the Driver Safety Performance Tracking spread sheets, and keeping folders on each Incident by year.
- Track and maintain all DOT required training records in accordance with FMCSA.
- Track rehired employees requiring follow up drug testing, records results for all drug screens and breathe alcohol tests in JD Edwards software.
- Manage and maintain all printed and electronic driver qualification files, medical files, and compliance files in a secure and confidential manner.
- Submit prohibited or borderline memos, regarding affected employees, to Division Offices.
- Track prohibited or borderline memos, intrastate drivers, and medical downgrades and inform Division Offices of questions or concerns.
- Manage and maintain all terminated driver qualification, medical and compliance files.
- Complete Employment Verification requests for terminated drivers prospective employers per FMCSA.
- Conduct periodic self-auditing of all DOT driver qualification files and records to ensure compliance.
- Stay up-to-date with all DOT compliance and disseminate needed information.
- High School diploma /GED equivalent
- Intermediate skills in Excel, Word, Outlook, and related computer software
- Working knowledge of FMCSA as it relates to driver qualification and related compliance issues
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, set goals, and accomplish responsibilities with limited supervision
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and self-motivated
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. CW Wright is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. CW Wright will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.