- Queens, NY
We are a growing and forward-thinking utility construction contractor with over 20 years of history. We tackle our customer’s most complex and challenging projects, and deliver them flawlessly and safely. Even in the congested streets of New York City and Long Island—under intense time constraints—we build high-quality utility infrastructure that will last for generations.
A $80M utility construction contractor based in Queens, NY (Maspeth) is looking for a payroll clerk to help manage and oversee all aspects of the payroll responsibilities within the accounting department. The successful candidate will demonstrate a self-motivated, “can-do” attitude, is well-organized with detail-oriented traits and enjoys working independently as well as with a team.
The position is responsible for managing and executing the weekly payroll operations of the company, union benefit reporting, and record keeping.
- Collect and input daily payroll records from field reporting documents
- Maintain accurate records of employee time and attendance
- Update payroll and tax records by entering changes in exemptions, deductions, and other payments
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Communicate and submits weekly and monthly union and tax payments
- Enter new hires into the payroll system
- Update staff members on payroll status
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma and related experience required, degree in Business or Accounting preferred.
- Strong mathematical, analytical skills, and data entry, as well as attention to detail is necessary.
- Must have communications skills sufficient to work effectively with managers, clients, and other office personnel.
- Computer literacy, including word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office), as well as proficiency in learning and using other applications required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Veterans encouraged to apply!
After applying, please take 25 minutes to complete this online assessment test to gauge how your skills fit with this job: https://hiring.wonderlic.com/openings/59de03547f35290001831fc5/apply
We will reach out to candidates who score well.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.