Gas Mechanic Track - Build $200k career learning on the job
- 54-60 44th St, Maspeth, NY 11378, USA
Safeway is a growing and forward-thinking utility construction contractor with over 20 years of history. We tackle our customer’s most complex and challenging projects, and deliver them flawlessly and safely. Even underneath the congested streets of New York City and Long Island—under intense time constraints—we build high-quality utility infrastructure that will last for generations.
- Work outdoors
- Train on the job
- Grow with the company
We are actively recruiting entry-level workers (and already-qualified natural gas mechanics) who can work hard in the heat and cold, under intense pressure to perform. No education required. At least one year of experience in hard labor is required (landscaping, construction, etc). We would start you with a shovel in your hand, digging trenches. If you work hard and show aptitude, we would invest in classroom and on-the-job training to help you qualify to become an NGA-certified natural gas mechanic in as quickly as 18-24 months where salaries can reach $63/hour plus benefits. With 550+ hours of overtime, at union pay rates, it's possible to take home $200,000 each year.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with hard manual labor
- Ability to learn and pass online Northeast Gas Association (NGA) testing
- Positive team-based attitude
- Good work ethic
Do you have what it takes to build your career with the Safeway team?
- We tackle the hardest jobs, because they are hard and we are good
- We are aggressive yet humble, and we play by the rules
- We value lifelong relationships with our customers and each other
- We approach everything we do with integrity and honor
- We are proud to be part of a winning team, where everyone steps up
- Warning: most won't make the cut
Veterans encouraged to apply!
AFTER YOU APPLY, YOU MUST: then take 30 minutes to complete an online assessment test as part of the application process to see if this job is the right fit for your skills:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.