Finance & Accounting Manager
- Seattle, WA
A $500mm utility construction corporate office based in downtown Seattle is looking for a Finance & Accounting Manager to manage and administer all aspects of the accounting operation. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high-energy, “can-do” attitude, is well-organized with detail-oriented traits and enjoys working independently and with a team. This is a hands-on position.
The position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of monthly financial reports, maintenance of an organized system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This position will regularly interact with our eight subsidiary companies and their respective finance & accounting departments. Priority will be the corporate accounting function but there will be frequent opportunities to work on the construction/operational side of the business. This is a corporate accounting position with additional opportunity and expectation of management accounting, job cost, productivity improvement as it relates to our operating companies.
Desired Qualifications: The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience. Should have experience in partnering with an external team or clients, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant designation or a soon to be candidate and recent public accounting experience.
1. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
2. Oversee the accounting operations and interface with company management
3. Provide ongoing guidance to subsidiary company Controllers
4. Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
1. Issue timely and complete consolidated financial statements
2. Prepare monthly reporting package for management and board
3. Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
4. Contribute to the production of the annual budget and monthly forecasts
5. Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
6. Prepare quarterly financial compliance submittals
7. Provide financial analyses as needed.
1. Participate in the capital request and budgeting processes
2. Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
3. Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and subsidiary companies
4. Participate in job cost reviews, utilization studies, and discussion
5. Help to implement operational best practices
Job Type: Full-time
Workweek: Periodic weekend or evening work may be required. Periodic travel (15-20%) required.
Work Environment: Character office at Fourth and Pike. The office is a casual yet professional and entrepreneurial environment. The office houses a fast paced small executive team.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.