Shipping & Receiving Associate
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is soaring and so are we! We are looking for a 1st shift Shipping & Receiving Associate to help with the tremendous growth we are experiencing!
Precision Aerospace Corp. (PAC) customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver short run, high mix, close tolerance parts. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part manufacturing opportunities.
The purpose is support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes safely and efficiently performing all shipping, receiving and delivery activity, including the processing and unloading inbound materials. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties: The following are the normal duties performed by this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate and perform all transportation document tasks such as but not limited to bills of lading, export -required documents and lot numbers.
- Ensure materials are properly prepared for shipment, including weight counts, packaging, labels, etc.
- Perform all receiving tasks for purchased component incoming shipments.
- Coordinate and maintain material storage areas.
- Correctly setup and cut material in assigned equipment in a timely manner, and deliver as needed to the manufacturing operations.
- Perform data collection and communication tasks in Job Boss and other applications.
- Utilize powered industrial trucks to move material or load/unload vehicles.
- Drive company vehicles to regional locations as needed.
- Maintain work station to 5S standards.
- Drive company vehicles to regional locations with cargo van or box truck as needed.
- Perform all work according to PAC safety standards.
- Comply with all PAC policy and procedures.
- 1-3 years of successful essential duty related experience preferred but not required.
- Proven ability in processing details and managing multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to safely and efficiently operate machinery including forklift and cranes.
- Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers and calipers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Windows and MS Office skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to lift, push and/or pull 75 pounds
- Unrestricted driver’s license
- Eligible for Powered Industrial Truck Permit.
- Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.