Human Resources Generalist
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is soaring and so are we! We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to help our company with tremendous growth in the next few years!!
Precision Aerospace Corp. (PAC) customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver short run, high mix, close tolerance parts. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part manufacturing opportunities.
he purpose of this position is to support the mission and goals of the PAC Human Resources Department. This includes assigned human resource tactical and transactional accountability. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties: The following is a list of the current general duties performed in this position. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by applicable laws.
- Process biweekly payroll, including entering new hires, terminations, maintain pay data, perform updates.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment notices in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (review applications, schedule interviews, rejection communication)
- Conduct new hire orientation. Ensure all appropriate paperwork and trainings are scheduled for all new hires. Conducts background checks.
- Maintain and monitor training records.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Maintains, updates and distributes weekly employee roster.
- Ensures compliance with I-9 verification; periodically performs audits of I-9 forms.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program, files EEO-1 report annually and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are completed in a timely manner.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers’ compensation case files; follows up on open cases.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollments, cancellations or changes. Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and approves for payment.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Assists in the exit interview process.
- Helps maintain company organization charts.
- Executes assigned projects for completion on-time and within budget.
- Comply with all PAC policy.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree in Business Management preferred as is professional certification.
- 1 - 5 years successful prior essential duty related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Specific knowledge of human resource laws, systems and practices.
- Excellent communication skills that positively influence other’s performance and behavior, build credibility according to PAC values.
- Ability to research and make recommendations in widely diverse subjects such as federal and state employment law requirements, talent management and employee engagement.
- Ability to drive assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to demonstrate skill in applications such as MS Office and common HRIS such as ADP.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.