EDM Operator - 3rd Shift
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is Soaring and So Are We!
Our customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. To support this growth we need to add a number of associates in 2019.
We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver complex, short run close tolerance machined parts and value-added assemblies. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part opportunities.
This is a 3rd shift position.
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the safe and efficient operation of EDM Equipment allowing for the achievement of customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties: The following are the normal duties performed by this position. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operate wire EDM equipment to produce the required number of correct parts in a timely manner according to process documentation. This can include operating multiple pieces of equipment simultaneously.
2. Program EDM equipment for new jobs in conjunction with the Engineering team.
3. Correctly setup jobs in assigned equipment in a timely manner. Produce and ship sample parts according to process documentation.
4. Perform 1st piece, in-process and last piece inspection using micrometers, calipers, comparators, various gauges and CMM equipment according to process documentation.
5. Perform data collection and communication tasks in appropriate applications.
6. Perform operator and preventive maintenance.
7. Diagnose and correct equipment or tool issues.
8. Perform de-burr or rework of work in-process.
1. 1-3 years of successful prior essential duty related experience preferred, including operation of EDM equipment. Will train a smart mechanically inclined machine operator.
2. Charmilles certification or experience preferred but not required.
3. Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators and coordinate measuring machines (CMM).
4. High school diploma or equivalent.
5. Blueprint reading skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.