- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is soaring and so are we!
Solid company with a strong reputation for quality is seeking to continue to grow and develop our talent by adding an experienced Project Engineer to our New Product Development Engineering team
Our customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver short run, high mix, close tolerance parts. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part manufacturing opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes leading cross-functional teams of associates to deliver the successful launch and operation of large-scale programs within specified measurable targets that ensure customer satisfaction and meet company objectives.
Essential Duties: The following is a list of the general duties performed in this position. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
1. Lead a cross-functional team in all assigned new project and other program activities, including development, integration and implementation to conclusion, on-time and within budget. Makes assignments and organizes sub-teams as needed.
2. Coordinates the technical development process, procurement process and aggregate manufacturing planning to develop an executable MRP schedule.
3. Complete all assigned engineering tasks accurately and timely. This may include:
A. Specify, develop, validate and install new equipment and tools
B. FMEA, Process Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams
C. Part or fixture design and layout, CAD/CAM drawings, CMM operations
D. Appropriate Blueprint GD&T and tolerance stackups
E. Proper specification of materials and outside processes
4. Maintain status reports of programs and customer commitments, monitors technical performance, schedules, and program financials. Takes action as needed to update and achieve success.
5. Conduct or attend production and program status meetings to report progress, identify risks, make recommendations and take action.
6. Maintain accountability for program parts post “handoff” to Operations. Troubleshoot issues and provide guidance to PAC staff in all program-related decisions.
7. Conduct customer communication and negotiation.
8. Identify, qualify and present new business initiatives with existing customers to company leadership.
9. Travel to customer or vendor locations.
1. 4-year degree in an engineering or other technical discipline or an equivalent combination of courses, training and experience.
2. 5 - 10 years minimum of successful recent essential duty related experience including understanding customer needs, leading cross-functional teams and driving project success.
3. Track record of project management success in an advanced manufacturing environment is required. Experience in metalworking and a CNC Machining environment is preferred.
4. Specific applied knowledge of (including evidence of development and execution):
a. Contract manufacturing
b. Technical theory, operations and methods.
c. Machining theory and verification techniques.
d. Financial management (cost/benefit, value analysis, etc.).
e. Procurement methods.
f. Waste reduction methods.
5. Demonstrable skills using Microsoft Office software tools, particularly advanced Excel skills.
6. Adept in preparing and delivering presentations and leading meetings.
7. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
8. Valid driver’s license.
9. Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.