Non-Destructive Testing Technician Level 2
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is soaring and so are we! We are looking for a Level 2 NDT on either 2nd or 3rd shift!!
Precision Aerospace Corp. (PAC) customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver short run, high mix, close tolerance parts. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part manufacturing opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes safely and efficiently performing non-destructive testing (NDT) to NADCAP and AS 9100 standards. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties: The following is a list of the general duties performed in this position. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
1. Perform non-destructive testing tasks, including passivation, penetrant and magnetic-particle inspection, in a timely manner to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
2. Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document results.
3. When specified in the written practices, be capable of developing work instructions form the approved general procedures. Such work instructions shall require final approval by a level 3 certified in the method.
4. Ensure the quality of all material meets customer specifications through applicable quality policies, procedures and instructions.
5. Perform data collection and communication tasks in Job Boss and other applications.
6. Perform miscellaneous NDT-related clerical duties.
7. Capable of providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and level 1 personnel.
8. Comply with all PAC policy.
- Vision to NAS-410/ASNT SNT-TC-1A requirements.
- Stand at least 95% of the scheduled shift.
- Successful completion of a medical exam and drug screening required prior to employment at PAC.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of successful prior Essential Duty experience.
- Certifiable to Level 2 per the requirements of NAS 410 for PT and MPI, i.e., a Level 1 PT certification and an additional 16 hours of formal training in PT, and an additional 270 hours of PT on the job experience or a trainee with at least 32 hours of formal training in PT, and at least 400 hours of on the job experience.
- Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators and coordinate measuring machines (CMM).
- Blueprint reading skills to GD&T standards.
- Specific knowledge of aerospace quality procedures and AS9100.
- Ability to use MS Office Products.
- Ability to read/write in English and perform basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Verbal communication skills to customer relations standards.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.