CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist - (Multiple Openings, 2nd & 3rd Shifts)
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is Soaring and So Are We!
Our customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to increased comfort and significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is experiencing unprecedented growth. We are planning to add a number of new associates in 2019 because of this growth.
We utilize leading edge advanced manufacturing technology and processes to make and deliver complex, short run close tolerance machined parts and value-added assemblies. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and so they are fueling our growth with new and interesting parts to work on for them.
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the safe and efficient operation of Swiss style CNC equipment allowing for the achievement of customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Essential Duties: The following are the normal duties performed by this position. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operate swiss style (Citizen) CNC lathes to produce the required number of correct parts in a timely manner according to process documentation. This can include operating multiple pieces of equipment simultaneously.
2. Correctly setup jobs in assigned equipment in a timely manner.
3. Perform 1st piece, in-process and last piece inspection using micrometers, calipers, comparators, various gauges and CMM equipment according to process documentation.
4. Perform data collection and communication tasks in Job Boss and other applications.
5. Perform operator maintenance.
6. Diagnose and correct equipment or tool issues.
7. Perform de-burr or rework of work in-process.
8. Make recommendations to optimize and improve assigned processes.
9. Maintain work station to 5S standards.
10. Perform all work according to PAC safety standards.
11. Comply with all PAC policy and procedures.
1. A Track record of employment success. Successful essential duty related experience, including operation of CNC controlled relevant equipment including swiss lathes and automatic screw machines.
2. Firm understanding of machining center theory, including x, y and z axis, along with edge and centerline pickup.
3. Ability to use common measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, gauges (pin, thread, indicator, height), optical comparators and coordinate measuring machines (CMM).
4. Significant collaboration and communication skills related to continuous improvement and customer
5. Blueprint reading skills to GD&T standards
6. High school diploma or equivalent. Trade school classes or certifications preferred.
7. Basic Windows and MS Office skills.
8. Ability to perform shop math functions.
9. Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.