Process Engineer / CNC Programmer
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is soaring and so are we!
Precision Aerospace Corp. (PAC) customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. We are planning to a a number of associates to our Engineering Team.
We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver short run, high mix, close tolerance parts. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part manufacturing opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to support the department’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. This includes the following:
- Designs and writes numerical control programs and processes that allow PAC to exceed customer expectations for quality and on-time delivery. These programs control contour-path machining of metal and non-metal parts on automatic machine tools:
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths. Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Prepares geometric layout using CAD-CAM drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of the machine.
- Writes programs of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control and sends these instructions to a data base to regulate movement of machine along cutting paths.
- Compares computer command results with original program intent to assure accuracy of machine instructions. Revises programs to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes operation of machine on trial run to prove programmed instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Associate degree in a manufacturing technology or a combination of professional and technical training and experience.
- Track record of success as an advanced level CNC Machinist.
- Strong working knowledge of machine, tool, fixture, work-holding and die design.
- High level of analytical skills, problem solving ability and computer literacy.
- 5 - 10 years successful prior experience related to essential duties described above.
- Specific knowledge of the following: Solidworks and Camworks
- Specific knowledge of 4th and 5th axis machining, blueprint reading, GD&T, setup, tooling and fixture techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.