2nd Shift Production Supervisor
- 5300 Corporate Grove Dr SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512, USA
Aerospace is soaring and so are we! We are in need of a Production Supervisor on 2nd Shift!
Precision Aerospace Corp. (PAC) customers are high tech leaders in commercial and defense aerospace. Because of advancements in technology leading to significant fuel savings, the aerospace industry is positioned for unprecedented growth. We utilize leading edge technology and processes to make and deliver short run, high mix, close tolerance parts. Our customers value our track record of quality and delivery success and they are fueling our growth with new and interesting part manufacturing opportunities.
The purpose of this position is to effectively lead and manage PAC associates to achieve operational goals on the 2nd shift. This includes planning, directing and managing activity. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
1. Effectively build and lead assigned departments, teams or associates as designated by the Plant Manager according to PAC Values, policies, procedures and practices. This includes, but is not limited to Safety, Talent Acquisition, On-boarding and Talent Development, Performance Management and Behavior Management.
2. Drive positive employee engagement by providing support, encouragement to associates and work to break down barriers to performance and job satisfaction.
3. Efficiently and effectively support PAC’s Safety, HR and Payroll policies and procedures including Time & Attendance.
4. Effectively assign daily production tasks to maximize productivity and minimize both unscheduled downtime and scrap. This includes working in conjunction with Materials Department representatives to:
a. Conduct a daily stand-up meeting.
b. Understand the shift’s talent pool and effectively facilitate the Team’s ability to achieve the production schedule expectations.
c. Ensure departments and teams know and work to the production schedule.
d. Expedite parts/jobs through department processes.
e. Coordinate gauging and kitting.
5. Provide daily and on-going feedback to Associates on expectations, performance levels and behavior. Coordinate and communicate Team's performance metrics.
6. Coordinate with the shift’s Process Technician and Quality Technician to ensure the quality of all parts meets customer specifications through applicable quality policies, procedures and instructions.
7. Coordinate with the shift’s Process Technician, Engineering support and Maintenance Technician to resolve machining process, maintenance and programming issues.
8. Drive continuous improvement by executing assigned projects or assisting with department wide initiatives.
1. Strong Business Acumen obtained through coursework in relevant program or equivalent life experience. 2 or 4 year degree preferred.
2. 5 - 7 years minimum successful essential duty related experience.
3. Successful experience building and leading high performing teams, growing employee engagement and facilitating cross functional collaboration.
4. Successful experience executing production systems and processes in a short run, high mix environment. Experience in Aerospace preferred.
5. Successful experience driving change and particularly continuous improvement.
6. Specific knowledge of CNC machining, manufacturing theory, quality systems, GD&T and leadership techniques.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Strong ERP and Basic Windows and MS Office skills.
9. Eligibility to work with sensitive controlled data and materials according to ITARs policy and practice.
1. Primary work environment: Across the facility’s whole production floor
2.Vision to AS 9100 standards.
3. Ability to ambulate to and through work cells and all areas of the plant.
4. Lift, push and/or pull 75 pounds.
5. Stand at least 95% of the scheduled shift.
6. Routinely perform reaching, twisting, bending and grasping in order to move and set tools, equipment and material.
PAC is an equal opportunity Affirmative Action employer.