Subrogation Claims Recovery Adjuster
- 333 E Main St, Muncie, IN 47305, USA
Praxis Consulting has been a niche provider of subrogation services to the property & casualty insurance industry for two decades. What is “subrogation?” There are a few ways to explain it, but here’s the bottom line: We work to make sure insurance companies don’t spend money where they don’t have to, which helps keep premiums down for the policy holders (and puts deductibles back in their pockets).
Praxis is a company focused on production. Our business model works because we work. If you’re looking for a place to fly under the radar and let other people pull your weight, this isn’t the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where you can draw a direct line between the work you’re doing and the success of the company… well, that’s more our style.
Praxis is exciting. We’ve got a lot going on here. We found a niche and we’re very good at doing what we do. We handle work for some of the largest insurers in the country by using proprietary systems that let us operate on the cutting edge of our field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Subrogation Adjusters are responsible for the negotiation and recovery efforts of third-party property-casualty claims. The adjuster will enter direct negotiations with insurance carriers, contractors, plaintiff and defense attorneys, self-insureds, uninsured, and municipalities. Claims handled are complex and require a strong understanding of theories of liability and recovery practices and activities. This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Researches, documents and recaps coverage and loss information; could include comprehensive and complex calls
- Communicates over the phone to ensure understanding of reports and documents
- Utilize company processes to obtain information; this may include, PIP, SIU, Division Managers, Customer Service or other departments
- Performs an evaluation of the loss to determine potential total losses using established procedures
- Informs adverse party of policy restrictions, special coverage instructions
- Interprets statutes and case laws to build a strong case for coverage and liability on a case load of 500 or more claims
- Files subrogation claims in Arbitration Forums with persuasive arguments
- Provides prompt, friendly, courteous, accurate, and helpful service including information about the claim handling process, claim number, name of adjuster, and general questions about existing claims
- Effectively follows appropriate process for assignment of claims to adjusters.
- Contacts customers, insureds, claimants, attorneys or others to obtain or clarify information.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with claims-handling procedures
- 4-year bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to assess and negotiate liability.
- Decisive and organized, with strong organizational skills.
- Adapts to occasional high-pressure situations
- Ability to reach, finger, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions in a sedentary work environment with close visual acuity.
PREFERRED PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE:
- Understands the principles of subrogation across all 50 states.
- 3+ years handling personal auto claims, exhibiting property-casualty or subrogation experience.
- Previous experience with inter-company arbitration
ADDITIONAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Maintains confidential information.
- Has regular predictable attendance.
- Deals with demanding customers in a tactful and professional manner.
- Willing to work the necessary hours to complete projects.
Praxis employees love the flexible, fun work environment and enjoy Friday afternoons to themselves. In addition to incentivized opportunities to continue their industry education and abundant room for growth, all employees experience the benefits of full-vesting in our 401(k) retirement program from day one. Many staff also participate in our group health, dental, life, and disability insurance plans.