- 333 E Main St, Muncie, IN 47305, USA
Praxis Consulting has been a niche provider of subrogation services to the property & casualty insurance industry for two decades. What is “subrogation?” There are a few ways to explain it, but here’s the bottom line: We work to make sure insurance companies don’t spend money where they don’t have to, which helps keep premiums down for the policy holders (and puts deductibles back in their pockets).
Praxis is a company focused on production. Our business model works because we work. If you’re looking for a place to fly under the radar and let other people pull your weight, this isn’t the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where you can draw a direct line between the work you’re doing and the success of the company… well, that’s more our style.
Praxis is exciting. We’ve got a lot going on here. We found a niche and we’re very good at doing what we do. We handle work for some of the largest insurers in the country by using proprietary systems that let us operate on the cutting edge of our field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Support staff assists the investigations department by creating new claims on the Praxis database for each potentially-recoverable file, retrieving images and data from clients’ claim systems and transferring them to the Praxis database, and manually transferring all vital data from customers’ claims systems to Praxis database. This position works under direct supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Creates new claims and updates existing claims in company database.
- Attaches newly received documents to appropriate claim files in company database and notifies appropriate party.
- Documents all updates and attachments in claim files by noting activities.
- Remains up-to-date on efficient use of clients’ systems
- Operates a multi-line telephone system.
- Trains new and existing employees on proper methods and procedures.
- Performs tasks as requested by audit, investigation, and recovery units.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Decision-making skills, analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook.
- Adaptability to new and changing claims data filing systems.
- Ability to stoop, crouch, reach, stand, push, pull, finger, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions in a sedentary work environment with close visual acuity.
ADDITIONAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Maintains confidential information.
- Willing to work the necessary hours to complete projects.
- Must have regular predictable attendance.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings when necessary
Praxis employees love the flexible, fun work environment in addition to the following benefits associated with our Claims Support position:
- Competitive base pay with overtime opportunities
- Full & immediate vesting in our 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Eligibility for group medical and dental plans
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Jeans friendly dress code
- Flexible office schedule with daytime hours