Insurance Claims Investigator
- 333 E Main St, Muncie, IN 47305, USA
Praxis Consulting has been a niche provider of subrogation services to the property & casualty insurance industry for two decades. What is “subrogation?” There are a few ways to explain it, but here’s the bottom line: We work to make sure insurance companies don’t spend money where they don’t have to, which helps keep premiums down for the policy holders (and puts deductibles back in their pockets).
Praxis is a company focused on production. Our business model works because we work. If you’re looking for a place to fly under the radar and let other people pull your weight, this isn’t the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where you can draw a direct line between the work you’re doing and the success of the company… well, that’s more our style.
Praxis is exciting. We’ve got a lot going on here. We found a niche and we’re very good at doing what we do. We handle work for some of the largest insurers in the country by using proprietary systems that let us operate on the cutting edge of our field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
An Investigator is responsible for developing and documenting the necessary information to submit demand packages to the adverse party. This position handles auto, property, and/or worker’s compensation investigations from Praxis’ offices. This position works under the direct supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Receives newly placed claims and bookmarks file materials.
- Investigates and resolves the most complex claims by:
- evaluating liability
- resolving coverage issues
- ordering police reports
- securing supports
- identifying and securing adverse insurance carrier/adjuster contact information
- Prepares and sends demand letter and demand package to adverse insurance carrier.
- Documents updates in each claim file by noting all activities and attaching all documentation
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2-3 years of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with proper grammar, both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and data entry.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills; initiative, attention to detail.
- Ability to reach, finger, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions in a sedentary work environment with close visual acuity.
ADDITIONAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Has regular, predictable attendance.
- Handles high-volume, fast-paced work.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Able to deal with demanding parties in a tactful, professional manner.
- Willing to work the necessary hours to complete projects.
Praxis employees love the flexible, fun work environment and enjoy Friday afternoons to themselves. In addition to incentivized opportunities to continue their industry education and abundant room for growth, all employees experience the benefits of full-vesting in our 401(k) retirement program from day one. Many staff also participate in our group health, dental, life, and disability insurance plans.