Insurance Claims Investigation Tech Internship
- 333 E Main St, Muncie, IN 47305, USA
Praxis Consulting has been a niche provider of subrogation services to the property & casualty insurance industry for two decades. What is “subrogation?” There are a few ways to explain it, but here’s the bottom line: We work to make sure insurance companies don’t spend money where they don’t have to, which helps keep premiums down for the policy holders (and puts deductibles back in their pockets).
Praxis is a company focused on production. Our business model works because we work. If you’re looking for a place to fly under the radar and let other people pull your weight, this isn’t the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where you can draw a direct line between the work you’re doing and the success of the company… well, that’s more our style.
Praxis is exciting. We’ve got a lot going on here. We found a niche and we’re very good at doing what we do. We handle work for some of the largest insurers in the country by using proprietary systems that let us operate on the cutting edge of our field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Investigation Tech Interns assist the Claim Investigators by completing a variety of task-oriented activities required for efficient and thorough investigation of the subrogation file. Investigation Techs work in Praxis’ office under the direct supervision of the Investigations Manager.
- Setting up new claims with adverse carriers
- Obtaining file supports from third parties that are not available from the client.
- Locating and ordering police reports; ensuring the police report is received.
- Requesting citation outcomes and dispositions from court houses.
- Identifying and securing adverse insurance carrier/adjuster contact information
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the Insurance Industry preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional manner
- Ability to communicate clearly, with proper grammar, both verbally and in writing.
- Works well with deadlines and fast paced projects.
ADDITIONAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Maintains confidential information
- Has regular and predictable attendance.
- Willing to work the necessary hours to complete projects.
- Must have ability to reach, finger, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions in sedentary work environment with close visual acuity.
Praxis employees enjoy “blue-jean Friday” every day and love the flexible, fun work environment. In addition to incentivized opportunities to continue their industry education and abundant room for growth, all employees experience the benefits of full-vesting in our 401(k) retirement program from day one.