Insurance Claims Auditor
- 212 W 4th St., Bloomington, IN, United States
Praxis Consulting has been a niche provider of subrogation services to the property & casualty insurance industry for two decades. What is “subrogation?” There are a few ways to explain it, but here’s the bottom line: We work to make sure insurance companies don’t spend money where they don’t have to, which helps keep premiums down for the policy holders (and puts deductibles back in their pockets).
Praxis is a company focused on production. Our business model works because we work. If you’re looking for a place to fly under the radar and let other people pull your weight, this isn’t the place for you. If you’re looking for a place where you can draw a direct line between the work you’re doing and the success of the company… well, that’s more our style.
Praxis is exciting. We’ve got a lot going on here. We found a niche and we’re very good at doing what we do. We handle work for some of the largest insurers in the country by using proprietary systems that let us operate on the cutting edge of our field.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Auditors conduct open- and closed-file reviews of clients’ records in order to identify claims with recovery potential. Pertinent information from identified claims is electronically recorded by Auditors for data entry. Auditors conducts reviews in office and on-site at clients’ locations. This position works under the direct supervision of the Audit Manager.
- Completes initial review of the claim file considering state of loss, negligence law, statute of limitations, and subrogatable coverages.
- Evaluates any liability or coverage decisions by the client or adverse company for possible subrogation.
- Assesses whether the client has opened and exhausted all sources of recovery for possible subrogation.
- Documents and updates the claim accurately and completely with all pertinent claim information and enters claim information into company database.
- Maintains status reports for tracking trends and patterns in productivity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Four-year degree from an accredited institution is preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly, with proper grammar, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Must have the ability to deal with demanding customers in a tactful, professional manner.
- Ability to reach, finger, hear, and perform repetitive motions in a sedentary work environment with close visual acuity.
ADDITIONAL JOB DEMANDS:
- Has regular predictable attendance.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Able to be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, reach, push, pull, and lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to travel for occasional one – two-week periods.
- Willing to work the necessary hours to complete projects.
Praxis employees love the flexible, fun work environment in addition to the following benefits associated with our Insurance Claims Auditor position:
- Competitive base pay with incentive opportunities
- Full & immediate vesting in our 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Eligibility for group medical and dental plans
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Incentivized opportunities to continue your industry education
- Jeans friendly dress code
- Flexible office schedule with daytime hours