Business Process Consultant
- Novato, CA
Powerhouse Talent Inc. is a search and employer branding consultancy. Our mission is powerful one…
To nourish companies’ souls…feeding them awe-inspiring talent, meaningful advice and creative ways to share their greatness!
We represent world-class employers who selected Powerhouse Talent because of the quality of our search process, our credentials as Certified HR Leaders, and our prioritization of the candidate experience. Power up your career!
Location: Novato, California (near San Francisco)
The Business Process Consultant (BPC) will be responsible for business process reengineering activities to enable exceptional business process performance. Working in collaboration with Business Process Owners (BPOs), the process consultant will prioritize and optimize process improvements to aid in the achievement of operational excellence. The role reports into the Director, Business Process Engineering in Novato, California and is an office based role with minimal travel.
The BPC supports the following goal areas within BPE:
· Business Process Reengineering
o The role will leverage End to End Business Process Framework to define, optimize and maintain business processes.
· Kaizen, DMAIC Project and Lean Toolbox
· Continuous Improvement Education, Training and Certification
· Idea to Project & Project Prioritization
· Best Agreed Global Practices
Detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Leading complex cross-functional business process improvement initiatives using defined Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering tools to:
o Identify gaps and inefficiencies to current state business processes.
o Identify opportunities for improvement and the desired future state.
o Prioritize the opportunities.
o Lead and work with project teams to implement improvements.
o Recognize barriers to improvement efforts and work to remove them.
o Generate project charter, SIPOC, project schedule, Business Process Definition, current and future state process maps, proposed solution plan, road map, impact/effort matrix, metrics with approval from BPO and Business Process Managers (BPM).
· Process mapping for software capital projects.
· Completing all projects by agreed due dates.
· Providing process improvement training.
· Supporting root cause analyses.
· Coaching Green Belt candidates.
· Collecting and reporting metrics.
· Maintaining the "Light Bulb" (Action) Tracker
· Supporting business with "Light Bulb" implementation.
· Participating in regular staff and strategy meetings to agree priorities and tactics.
· Maintaining content of the BPE Website
· Managing the Capital Project and Reengineering Intake and Prioritization process.
· Maintaining alignment in methodology, procedure and governance.
Attributes & Competencies:
· Collaborative Leadership.
· Ownership and Accountability
· Analytical Problem Solving
· Customer focused
· Science, Engineering, Business BS/BA required or 5 -10 years of business/operations experience.
· Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification required.
· Business Process Management (End to End Process) Hammer Certification preferable.
· APICS certification preferable.
· Minimum 5 years of bio-tech/pharmaceutical operations experience required with a proven track record of successfully leading, facilitating and managing large, cross-functional, business process improvement (Operational Excellence) initiatives.
· Minimum of 5 years of project management/management experience required, managing a range of small and large projects and teams .
· Sound knowledge of cGMPs and equivalent industry regulations.
· Knowledge and previous work experience with process mapping, Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering.
· Working knowledge of electronic GMP systems (Trackwise, LIMS, CMMS, Oracle EBS, SAP, etc.) preferred.
· Working knowledge of business process management Software (Pega7, Blue Works, Oracle BPM, etc.) preferred.
· Familiarity with Visio or other process mapping tools.
· Knowledge of performance measurement tools and metrics.
· Good facilitation, change management, interpersonal and problem solving skills required.
Powerhouse Talent Inc.- Powerful Human Capital Solutions