- 2007 Gateway Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28208, USA
SVW is able to access the entire country, providing turnkey, construction and general contracting services for local and national customers. Our client base consists of U.S. Government agencies, financial institutions, retail institutions and manufacturers of Banking & Retail equipment.
FREE SINGLE HEALTHCARE COVERAGE!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works from drawings and other written and verbal instructions to determine job specifications including materials required, layout and dimensions of project.
Secures site during installation, safeguarding tools, equipment, and vehicles.
Performs necessary modifications to site to prepare site for equipment installation. Ability to use hoists, lift trucks and other specialized tools to dismantle existing equipment and/or construction.
Ability to use hand tools, power tools and other devices to install equipment and build surrounding structure that may include using hoists, welding, hanging drywall, installing counters, cabinets, ceilings, floors, signage, etc.
Ability to dig footers, pour concrete pads, and perform construction related labor tasks to include minor landscaping.
Performs all driving and warehouse duties related to project. This includes loading and unloading of company trucks using mechanical and power lifts including fork trucks. Drives company truck to and from job site. Maintains a CDL license and DOT medical card.
Cleans up job site after installation.
Completes job in accordance with company safety protocols and customer specifications in compliance with all relevant codes and regulations.
Ability to accurately and timely complete paperwork and documentation.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Plans and organizes tasks for project field staff. Manages time clock accuracy of each employee.
- Examines work for exactness and accuracy.
- Ensures safety protocols are always followed.
- Organizes and participates in weekly toolbox talks.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED or trade school completion certificate.
- Valid Driver's License and safe driving record.
- Must obtain CDL license within 90 days of hire.
- 1 year of commercial carpentry experience with proven ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving.
- Ability to measure using a ruler.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, contractors, and coworkers.
- Must be hard working and able to work with little supervision. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must work daily and weekend overtime. Out-of-town travel may be required (20% or less).
- Must comply with SVW Conduct and Appearance Standards, which reflect Company image.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must provide personal hand tools.
Must comply with SVW Conduct and Appearance Standards, which reflect Company image.
Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
Must have valid driver's license.