Sales Development Representative
- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Marketing
Postal is an offline marketing automation platform and marketplace that helps personalize, automate, and scale direct mail, internal and external events, branded company swag, and personalized gifts to drive better engagement with prospects, customers, partners, and employees.
With over $200B spent annually in B2B offline engagement, Postal’s expansive vendor marketplace, flexible integrations, and comprehensive events portal help companies drive brand loyalty, increase conversions, boost overall employee happiness, and improve customer health scores.
Every business in the world can use Postal.
Postal has raised over $30m in two rounds over the last 24 months from top tier investors Mayfield Fund (Marketo, Outreach) and OMERS Capital (Shopify, Crunchbase). Partners include Salesforce, Hubspot, Adobe, Outreach, Salesloft, Amazon, and Shopify.
Our nationally recognized founding team has led multiple high-growth startups to over a $1B in market value and exits. Employees come from all walks of life and from various locations across the US and enjoy a comfortable work/life balance. Our headquarters are based in San Luis Obispo, CA and we are focused on taking care of employees, customers, and partners.
This is a ground floor, quota carrying role with tremendous upside to progress into a closing sales role quickly. The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is responsible for identifying and creating new qualified opportunities for their Account Executive partners. This role manages the outbound campaigns by qualifying active buying interest and identifying critical decision makers to successfully position Postal and drive value.
- Learning and adopting the Postal Sales Methodology and Process including using a variety of sales tools for prospecting like Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Seamless, and more
- Cold call 50+ key decision makers each day with the goal to set an appointment
- Hold qualification calls and set meetings with potential buyers for the Account Executive Team
- Following up and driving opportunities with inbound leads from our website and other marketing programs
- Prospecting and identifying opportunities to acquire new business – this is a “hunter" role
- Gathering data and actively listening to prospective and existing clients by using consultative sales methods to fully understand their business, uncover their problems, and identify impact areas
- Become an Industry Expert with researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Strong ability to initiate, establish and nurture meaningful business relationships over the phone
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results-driven culture
- Flexible and adaptive to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and time management skills
- Critical thinker, generally curious, problem solver
- Open to feedback, coachable
- Strong team player
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- High degree of Ownership
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Google Apps
- Expertise with conceptual sales, solution selling, and value-based selling
- Experience working on a performance-based compensation structure (base + commission)
At Postal we believe in a strong work/life/spiritual balance that only comes with a strong company culture that supports its people to do their best work. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we do have high expectations for our team and we ask that they have the same for us.
We embrace people for who they are, and believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are our greatest strengths. Perks include continuous learning opportunities, healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, team outings, volunteer opportunities, and more.