Sales Development Representative - Remote or Local
- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Postal is a sales and marketing engagement platform that generates leads, increases sales, and improves customer retention. The Postal platform leverages machine learning to enable customers to optimize the creation, delivery, budgeting, and reporting of offline campaigns at scale. Forward-thinking enterprises and small companies alike trust Postal to deliver greater ROI through the automation and integration of offline and online strategies.
Postal is a venture-backed, privately held company based in San Luis Obispo, California, and one of the fastest growing companies in the US with over 100 customers in its first 3 months. To learn more, please visit Postal.io.
This is a ground floor opportunity with tremendous upside and a high level of inbound interest. The SDR position will be responsible for targeting, engaging, and creating opportunities with targeted accounts for the Postal sales team in medium-sized to enterprise level businesses.
- Learning and Adopting the Postal Sales Methodology and Process
- Opportunity Creation Quota
- Qualifying and creating opportunities from inbound leads and marketing initiatives
- Prospecting and identifying opportunities to acquire new business – this is a “hunter" role
- Cold-calling key decision-makers to set appointments
- Gathering data and actively listening to prospective and existing clients by using consultative sales methods to fully understand their business, uncover their problems, and identify impact areas
- Thinking strategically to create and deliver complex, customized solutions that provide value to clientsʼ bottom line
- Becoming an Industry Expert with researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Conducting tailored, web-based presentations over the phone to showcase Postal solutions
- Driving revenue by effectively addressing the client's business needs, offering appropriate value proposition solutions, creating urgency, and closing accounts over the phone
- Building and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly sales quota
- Entry-level sales position
- Strong ability to initiate, establish and nurture meaningful business relationships over the phone
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results-driven culture
- Flexible and adaptive to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and time management skills
- Critical thinker, generally curious, problem solver
- Open to feedback, coachable
- Strong team player
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- High degree of Ownership
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Google Apps
- Expertise with conceptual sales, solution selling, and value-based selling
- Experience working on a performance-based compensation structure (base + commission)
At Postal.io we believe in a strong work/life/spiritual balance that only comes with a strong company culture that supports its people to do their best work. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we do have high expectations for our team and we ask that they have the same for us. We embrace people for who they are, and believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are our greatest strengths. Perks include continuous learning opportunities, healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, team outings, volunteer opportunities, and more.