Sales Development Representative - Remote or Local
- San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Postal is the leading Experience Marketing Platform that creates memorable moments for organizations to generate leads, increase sales velocity, and retain happy customers. With the largest marketplace of direct mail, e-gift cards, personalized gifts, custom swag, and virtual events, Postal customers see significant time and cost savings when leveraging the automated system.
Postal, a venture-backed startup, is integrated with all major sales and marketing technology and led by a nationally recognized founding team with multiple successful $mm exits. Postal is made with love in San Luis Obispo, CA and is focused on taking care of employees, customers, and partners.
This is a ground floor opportunity with tremendous upside and a high level of inbound interest. The SDR position will be responsible for targeting, engaging, and creating opportunities with targeted accounts for the Postal sales team in medium-sized to enterprise level businesses.
- Learning and Adopting the Postal Sales Methodology and Process
- Opportunity Creation Quota
- Qualifying and creating opportunities from inbound leads and marketing initiatives
- Prospecting and identifying opportunities to acquire new business – this is a “hunter" role
- Cold-calling key decision-makers to set appointments
- Gathering data and actively listening to prospective and existing clients by using consultative sales methods to fully understand their business, uncover their problems, and identify impact areas
- Thinking strategically to create and deliver complex, customized solutions that provide value to clientsʼ bottom line
- Becoming an Industry Expert with researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Conducting tailored, web-based presentations over the phone to showcase Postal solutions
- Driving revenue by effectively addressing the client's business needs, offering appropriate value proposition solutions, creating urgency, and closing accounts over the phone
- Building and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly sales quota
- Entry-level sales position
- Strong ability to initiate, establish and nurture meaningful business relationships over the phone
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results-driven culture
- Flexible and adaptive to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and time management skills
- Critical thinker, generally curious, problem solver
- Open to feedback, coachable
- Strong team player
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- High degree of Ownership
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Google Apps
- Expertise with conceptual sales, solution selling, and value-based selling
- Experience working on a performance-based compensation structure (base + commission)
At Postal.io we believe in a strong work/life/spiritual balance that only comes with a strong company culture that supports its people to do their best work. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we do have high expectations for our team and we ask that they have the same for us.
We embrace people for who they are, and believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are our greatest strengths. Perks include continuous learning opportunities, healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, team outings, volunteer opportunities, and more.