Account Executive, SMB
- 3050 Broad St. Suite 101, San Luis Obispo, California, United States
Postal.io is an integrated direct mail platform for sales and marketing teams that leverages machine learning to automate and optimize the delivery and reporting of personalized physical assets in the sales process. The system can easily integrate with existing CRM systems, Sales and Marketing Automation Platforms, or can be used independently.
Postal.io is a venture-backed startup, lead by a nationally recognized founding team with multiple successful $mm exits. We are based in beautiful San Luis Obispo within walking/biking distance to restaurants, SLO airport, wineries, and incredible hiking.
This is a ground floor opportunity with tremendous upside and a high level of inbound interest. The Account Executive position will be responsible for targeting, engaging and closing leads generated and targeted accounts from the Postal marketing team in small to medium-sized businesses.
- Learning and Adopting the Postal.io Sales Methodology and Process
- Quota Attainment
- Qualifying and creating opportunities from inbound leads and marketing initiatives
- Prospecting and identifying opportunities to acquire new business – this is a “hunter" role
- Cold-calling key decision-makers to set appointments
- Gathering data and actively listening to prospective and existing clients by using consultative sales methods to fully understand their business, uncover their problems, and identify impact areas
- Thinking strategically to create and deliver complex, customized solutions that provide value to clientsʼ bottom line
- Becoming an Industry Expert with researching trends and best practices, reading business publications, seeking out learning and development opportunities and utilizing internal training resources
- Conducting tailored, web-based presentations over the phone to showcase Postal solutions
- Driving revenue by effectively addressing the client's business needs, offering appropriate value proposition solutions, creating urgency, and closing accounts over the phone
- Building and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline to achieve and exceed monthly sales quota
- 2+ Years Selling Experience
- Strong ability to initiate, establish and nurture meaningful business relationships over the phone
- Upbeat and positive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results-driven culture
- Flexible and adaptive to change in a highly dynamic work environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, presentation, and time management skills
- Critical thinker, generally curious, problem solver
- Open to feedback, coachable
- Strong team player
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description
- High degree of Ownership
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com and Google Apps
- Expertise with conceptual sales, solution selling, and value-based selling
- Experience working on a performance-based compensation structure (base + commission)
At Postal.io we believe in a strong work/life/spiritual balance that only comes with a strong company culture that supports its people to do their best work. We don't take ourselves too seriously, but we do have high expectations for our team and we ask that they have the same for us. We embrace people for who they are, and believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are our greatest strengths. Perks include continuous learning opportunities, healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, office dog of the week, team outings, volunteer opportunities, and more.