Head of Product
- 3050 Broad St. Suite 101, San Luis Obispo, California, United States
Postal.io is an integrated direct mail platform for sales and marketing teams that leverages machine learning to automate and optimize the delivery and reporting of personalized physical assets in the sales process. The system can easily integrate with existing CRM systems, Sales and Marketing Automation Platforms, or can be used independently.
Postal.io is a venture-backed startup, lead by a nationally recognized founding team with multiple successful $mm exits. We are based in beautiful San Luis Obispo within walking/biking distance to restaurants, SLO airport, wineries, and athletic clubs. Our people are our #1 priority and we looking for the best of breed.
This is a ground floor opportunity to become part of the Postal executive team. There is tremendous upside and a high level of inbound interest. Our Head of Product will be responsible for managing our product vision and execution working directly for the CEO.
- PASSIONATE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY: You understand that technology and automation is the future of sales. You understand the need for a sales and marketing platform that manages workflow in the offline world.
- EXPERIENCE IN SALES or MARKTECH You have product leadership experience in either Sales or Marketing Technology
- PROBLEM SOLVER: You enjoy learning how to solve problems in the most efficient way possible. Complexity doesn’t scare you. The challenge of distilling something complex into something simple invigorates you.
- BIASED TOWARD ACTION: You are a self-motivated, action-oriented person. You don’t sit on your hands and wait for someone else to fix a problem. If there is something you can do to make a situation better, you do it.
- FOLLOWS THROUGH: From support staff, to product designers, to engineering – you speak the language of each of these archetypes. You are empathetic, concise, and consistent in your communication and follow-through. You ensure that the team own their commitments, collectively and personally.
- PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS: You recognize the strengths of your teammates and understand that we will only get where we want to go if we work together. You work with leadership to place team members on projects appropriate to their skill level and team needs.
- ADVOCATE: You are passionate about advocating for us both internally and externally. You actively recruit top-notch designers, engineers, and other product-minded people. You have made many excellent connections in the industry and you want to bring them with you wherever possible.
- CLIENT FACING: You are unafraid to meet and understand the needs of customers, prospects, and partners and how those needs are solved with the current and future product plan
- 3-5+ years of product management experience supporting enterprise software from thesis to launch
- A proven track record of success in working with clients, sales, designers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things.
- Managing a product road map and working with developers to ensure we hit our timelines and milestones
- Comfortable engaging with end-users, conducting user research, and intelligently integrating findings into your work as needed.
- Understanding of the technical implications of complex and highly scalable applications.
- Experience designing and conducting A/B tests.
- The ability to dive right into a big project and manage it from start to finish.
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment.
- Experience in Sales or Marketing Technology
We are not an ordinary tech startup. We believe in a strong work/life/spiritual balance that only comes from a strong company culture. We have high expectations for our employees and ask that they have the same for us. Perks include daily continuous learning opportunities, healthcare benefits, unlimited PTO, office dog of the week, company outings, and more.